1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's exactly why I keep it all installed and up to date. I have had it since day 1 and have always enjoyed it. Currently running a creative mode save and that has only added to the jump in and out casual nature of the time that I get to play. The continual updates and patches have been amazing and, in my opinion, should be used as a guide on how things should be done with gaming as they have not only "put things right", but also massively exceeded what was initially promised. Plus I have cool ships to fly around in and make pew pew noises with.

suenstar and Hex like this.
  2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Dragon Quest Builders 2. I played the demo on my Switch a while ago, then grabbed it on Xbox as it's on GamePass. I haven't played any other Dragon Quest games before, but there's something quite addictive about it. Some of it just plain makes me laugh, like Britney. She's decked out like Shovel Knight and spouting "lit", "fam", "legit", "totes", etc. and it is so out of place I kind of unironically love it :hehe: The phonetics are awesome too, I'm loving all the UK accents they've included, there's even a character speaking Polari (called Jules no less)!

DQB2 is at its heart, JRPG Minecraft. The combat is awful, the movement can be frustrating at times, but it's got charm and it keeps me coming back :happy:

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The other Dragon Quest games are definitely worth playing if you like JRPGs. 8 and 11 are the two "easy to get" (11 because it's on Steam, 8 because it's a PS2 game and can be found in second hand shops) standouts for me. The older ones did make it to the DS/3DS, but I haven't paid any attention to Nintendo stuff at all since the Wii arrived.

Hex likes this.
  4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I actually really hate RPGs in general, it's the Minecraft building style of this one that got me hooked :hehe:

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I've been eyeing up DQB2 since it hit Steam (I had the first on the PS4 but I've never actually played it... :worried:)

Unfortunately, what little gaming time I do get now, mostly goes into Rocksmith (can I call that a game...?)

Hex likes this.
  6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

WRC9, Deus Ex MD, Half Life 1 (Online)

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

CoH 3 pre-Alpha. Crashed on me though, which makes me reluctant to put all that effort in again.

Might load up SW Squadrons again.

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

In the end, I started Wolfenstein: New Order for the first time. Nice and brutal and quite impressed with the cinematic feel to it, but it does need to differentiate itself a bit (I am only on level 2 or 3 though).

EDIT: The 1960s part reminds me of a re-skinned Half Life 2.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2021
  9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just finished Borderlands 3 with another character (Moze) and am back playing BL2 again with Maya, which I don't think I've ever done.

IMO Gearbox has done a great job of keeping these games alive by pumping them with an insane amount of content. I no longer have hundreds of hours to pour into a single character build, but I still love playing through these games solo.

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I like the utter craziness of these too! More so with a good team of pals. I've never had the time to do more than one playthrough from the start, though. In honesty, NG+ with same character kind of grates a bit, but I'm a completionist achievement whore, so that's my cross to bear. Totally agree about content - they've stacked the box properly with the DLC for these. Did you know about the golden loot key giveaways? Not sure if it's still a thing but might be worth checking out.

Have started Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop with the little 'un as well, which is good fun (if a little frustrating since our voice chat doesn't work properly).

LennyRhys likes this.
  11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Woah. Just got to the "rudies on the train" scene in Wolfenstein.

Wasn't expecting that...

But then I suppose they are in a high-stress situation and are sementing (sic) their relationship.

12. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

Currently, I play Wasteland: The Original Classic again after I tried it a few years ago. But I had to restart it a second time again because of an annoying bug in which one "deletes" a shop ingame if one saves in it and then ends the game. And there aren't that many shops in Wasteland that one could ignore.

13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Raid Shadow Legends... and just in case it's up anyone's alley...

Here's my install link for Raid: Shadow Legends. Get it through this link and both of us will get some free stuff to boost us along! https://link.plrm.zone/app/h19u9

14. DeViLzzz

DeViLzzz What's a Dremel?

I am playing these huge time sinks right now ...

The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim
    Digital Diamond Baseball
    Grim Dawn
    Two Worlds : Epic Edition
    Action! PC Baseball

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Still hopelessly hooked on Genshin... more so than ever. Approaching it's 1y anniversary and I'm not even ashamed to be kid-on-christmas-eve-excited about some of the stuff coming.

I'm fairly certain that the time sunk into this now surpasses my previous best of Morrowind. But that doesn't even count because I was mainly playing that whilst skiving at Uni.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bought Death Stranding earlier, as it's on offer at Gamesplanet. I have no idea what's going on but I kinda expected that - it's Hideo Kojima, so I'm just rolling with it tbh.

But oh my god the visuals...! I have never seen a game look that good, ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

IMO Kojima excels at making a world, I feel like every Kojima game I've played has only felt increasingly more real as technology has advanced and enabled him.

He does, however, live in need of an editor who understands him and can slap the pen out of his hand occasionally without pissing him off..

18. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I've had Death Stranding in my library for a while now until my Ark Survival addiction stemmed - installed yesterday and will probably turn it on this week to give it a blast.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I just can't get over how good it looks! The terrain and the scenery are absolutely stunning. I've just been running it in 4K on my 65" TV and sometimes I have to remind myself that it's a game and not a film or TV show...

I am, however running it on a pretty beefy PC (5900X, 32GB 3600MHz, 3070Ti FE) so I don't know how well it runs on lower-spec machines...

20. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

ooh nice Beard - my pc should be good enough - I'm now wondering whether to play it on my ickle computer screen or blast it over to the 55" 4k!

Byron C likes this.