1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

It also strikes me that that left hand is going to get rather toasty warm sitting that close to the shroud.

Every time I start reading again, I feel the urge to load something up for a blast. If they could only make a decent epic scale game along the lines of Dawn of War, I'd be complete. The Dawn games are good, but I wasn't as keen on the way they seemed to get more micro as they progressed through the series.

EDIT: Also every time I read, I regret selling off all my epic scale kit many years ago...I had HEAPS!

Last edited: 24 Aug 2021
  2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Just picked up Pariah and Ravenor Omnibus - looking forward to these :grin:

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

imma just...leave this here

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Nice!

Now just to find a worthy opponent...

5. lilgoth89

thats why im printing 2 fleets ^_^

Also
    [​IMG]
    I couldnt Resist my Favourite Star Destroyer Joining my Chaos Fleet

[​IMG]
    i will never not be impressed by the quality of this printer...and its bigger brother will be here in a few weeks, with a bigger bed and higher pixel density

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Aug 2021
    Pete J, liratheal and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

Just need a donor Landie now, and I can start making something a little unique.

Pete J likes this.
  7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

That is indeed rather impressive!

What's the current printer and its replacement, out of interest? Have you ever sat and worked out the materials cost to print one of the Baneblade sizes and one of the larger Battlefleet craft? I'm sorely tempted, just for ornamental (and painting practice!) purposes, but I'm anticipating your answers to be cost prohibitive, sadly...:sigh:

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Luke over at Geek Gaming has just done a pretty good video on 3D printers for miniatures:

ModSquid likes this.
  9. lilgoth89

the Imperial Battleship shown for scale purposes... is £1.59 in resin costs ( less if you printed Hollow and oriented better )

the baneblade is difficult to get an accurate measure due to a multitude of reasons including
    needing multiple prints
    printing thicker walls than required
    using more infill than required
    editing files to add extra walls and cutouts for magnets

all that aside the baneblade weighs about 650g, while a litre of Resin can be had for about £30, but with less infil and thinner walls etc, i could likely squeeze 2 for Litre of Resin ( so about £15 each )

the current Printer is the Elegoo Mars ver1, while its replacement is the Elegoo Mars 3, with a larger print bed, monochrome screen for much longer life, faster print speeds and a higher resolution to boot

ModSquid likes this.
  10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Cheers both!

I will have a look at the video and see if I can get to anything approaching palatable, cost-wise, but I think I'll always have those Mars' in mind given what @lilgoth89 's output looks like. If I can find an excuse to make a second-hand purchase worthwhile (poss in the New Year), then I quite fancy picking up some cheap rulebooks off the auction sites and reviving the forgotten years. Maybe some Blood Bowl teams, even.

As an aside, I was refreshing some recent background canon the other day and was surprised to see that Warhounds now apparently have a crew of many. Anyone long in the tooth enough to remember the original Codex Titanicus, with all the short story extracts interspersed throughout? Those had some amazing writing, one of which was about Kurt and his damaged Beast, behind enemy lines. Warhounds always used to be scouts with a crew of one (which kind of peed me off, giving a +1 save mod to enemy incoming - it's a Titan, FFS) - since when did they move over to become multi-responsibility machines? That must make them bigger in the current era, by extension.

I've missed something along the way, clearly.

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

12. Almightyrastus

Look look look look, look at what I found!!!! I knew I had it kicking about somewhere!!

[​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC, Pete J and liratheal like this.
  13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Is that printed or is that an actual pewter 1st gen Terminator?

14. Almightyrastus

Original from the late 80s. It's such an early design that the base tab is not dated, in fact it doesn't have the markings of "terminator" on the front and "GW 87" or whatever date it might be on the back. It just has "EXO" on the front of the tab and nothing on the back. Bought new from the GW store in Nottingham. Pretty sure that I have another one kicking about as they came 2 to a blister.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2021
  15. lilgoth89

Steer away from the OG mars, while i get great results, technology has moved on dramatically since then, with Mono screens which last MUCH longer, Print Faster and are *USUALLY* cheaper to boot. i will keep people here posted on my Mars 3 and what i will be able to accomplish

As for the Warhound, its crew is....complicated. while scale has always been something which has been all over the place, it has got better since FW have made titans, officially it has a crew of 6, the Princepts, a Titan Techpreist and 4 hard wired Servitors ( the FW Warhound has an interior so you can check it out with a quick google search ) so depending on what your definition is, you could have a crew of one, two or 6

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

This popped up in my youtubes and seemed relevant...

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Almightyrastus like this.
  17. Almightyrastus

That's what reminded me to go digging through one of my old bits boxes.

Pete J likes this.
  18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I was just about to post that after seeing the post! :D

Pete J and Almightyrastus like this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Sadly they aren't really worth that much, I would sell it as soon as I could throw it at someone if that were the case. You can pick them up for between £25 and £50 easily enough, still a fair chunk, but still. I loved watching that video and hearing Bob Naismith's input on the design of it.

Still not sure how I am going to paint it up, I might follow the old scheme that was in the White Dwarf when it was first shown:

[​IMG]

Or maybe to go along with my original beakies:

[​IMG]

(Must get the rest of those at some point, I think I just need the captain, the death squad, and the missile launcher)

Pete J likes this.
  20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I like the new Paintball Marines...:rollingeyes:

[​IMG]