1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Minimodder

Doing Agile Right... Also known as "No one ever does agile right"

Goatee, MadGinga and meandmymouth like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I certified as a Scrum Master relatively recently, so I'm kind of an agile/Scrum cheerleader! :grin:

Weekly_Estimate, MadGinga and Goatee like this.
  3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Couple of new lights arrived today. Finally get to play around with some new kit.

Olight just had (another) sale so I grabbed one of the newer Obulb MCs and got a free little i1r 2 eos. Nice little light, decent brightness and usb rechargeable. Also got a free Obulb holder thrown in, the osling.

Those were nice little shiny things, but the main one was another Sofirn. I have been carrying the SC31 Pro around in my pocket for a while and that has been great, 2000 lumens with a single 18650 cell in it, more than bright enough for bits and pieces around the house, ferreting around behind my pc, sorting the bin out, just general lighting things. Now I have got the Coke can itself, the SP36 Pro. All 8000 lumens and triple 18650 cells. Both charge over usb c and are not too expensive, a dig around will get you the SC31 pro for £20 to £30 and the SP36 pro was just under £50.

[​IMG]

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Im a product owner (so totally clueless).

MadGinga and Byron C like this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's fine, all you've got to do is turn up to backlog refinement meetings and just agree to whatever requirements the developers might have :grin:

To be fair, it's one of the more demanding roles. Scrum does have a specific definition for the role... but in reality for it to work well you need to be a mix between a business analyst, delivery manager, and a subject matter expert.

6. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Yeah, I’m really enjoying it. Your right about it being pretty demanding. Especially in an environment where almost everyone else is still waterfall. I have a very experienced SM and a decent PMO team, so can’t complain.

Doesn’t help the team is a bit too big.

7. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Agile done well is joyous. Agile done badly is worse than pulling teeth whilst being given a sandpaper wedgy as you walk across a pile of Lego bare foot.

(CSM here)

Byron C and Pete J like this.
  8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

IT'S HERE!

This was supposed to be a birthday present to myself... back in April.

Now I've just got to find time to build the thing, which is going to take ages 'cos I have to stop and photograph every single stage of the process...

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oof that's a cool bit of kit. Can't wait to see it come together. :D

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Tose little orb lights look really good,

I cracked and got a Maruader 2 from their sale I got one of those i1r2s as well as a UV torch forgot the model number, the Marauder is a monster though :).

Almightyrastus likes this.
  11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I am proper impressed with the little Obulb. My wife has recently got a couple of the older non-multicolour versions which have high and low white, red, and flashing red, and has been using them as nightlights, something that they do really well. If she gets up during the night, she can just grab one off her ipad stand and carry it with her like a little round candle. The one that I got was the newer MC model so has high and low white along with red and flashing red, but it also has colour changing patters due to it using rgb leds in it, Haven't managed to get it to kick into disco/party mode yet where it goes a bit mad with the colour changing, that is a random occurrence with turning it on and off. The only thing is that they could do with some better battery life, however, that does mean that they also charge up quickly too, even via a standard 0.5 or 1A usb charger.

The Marauder really is a beast, especially that central spot beam and the max lumen output of 14k is pretty awesome. Little too much for my wallet though I'm afraid.

I think my next light will be another Sofirn, probably the Q8 Pro. 11k lumen brightness for about £50 - £60. I think I can just about manage that and so far I have been loving the way that the Sofirn OS works. Sure there are a lot of modes and stuff that I will not use much, but the ones that I do are very easy to pick up, and I love the inclusion of a "muggle mode" as they term it. Something that you can switch the light into that limits its output in case a non-light person asks to borrow it...

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just ordered a CoolerMaster NR200P for my wife's build.

Planning to switch GPU's to make use of the NVENC encoder on the 2070S in my machine and give my wife the 6800. The 6800 has literally no chance of fitting the H1 so new case it is (plus can re-use the PSU and potentially the AIO as well - based on comments online). The XFX 6800 will be a very tight squeeze but should fit.... *just* :hehe:

Overall makes sense as I am using 1080p & 1440p high refresh for game capture (local and console) whereas my wife is using the 3440x1440 Ultrawide (also used for WFH).

This is also ALOT cheaper than me buying a RTX3070 just for NVENC.... :worried:

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Been building a game in Unreal Engine and my current RX 570 red devil doesn’t seem up to the job so I bought a bundle from Ebuyer which comes with an MSI RTX 3070 GAMING Z TRIO 8GB LHR Graphics Card and MSI TRX40 Pro WiFi ATX Motherboard, I'd of rather gone for the Asus Tuf Version but no stock anywhere so went with the next best thing.

[​IMG]

14. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

A hangover. 0/10 worst purchase ever.

Weekly_Estimate and The_Crapman like this.
  15. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

So Hermes have lost my AirPods... luckily buyer protection on ebay has me sorted but I did end up buying this to quell my disappointment at the missing buds...

[​IMG]

256GB is more than enough for me as I already subscribe to the all-in-one Apple service with 2TB cloud storage. Got the midnight leather case cos' why not...

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

need a new sidearm, that grip as got to go tho

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and Pete J like this.
  17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Oh, that's the high end unit, isn't it?

I saw a build/review using a pi 3 ( I think) and it kinda chugged a bit running the gui.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I splashed out on the top-end model. Annoyingly, but understandably, the Compute Module versions landed a few weeks earlier.

Got a load of stuff above it in the queue, though, so it'll be a while before it gets built.

David likes this.
  19. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

Just bought an optane 900p 480GB from OCUK forum. Quite excited to try it out even though I don't really have a proper use case for it :)

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That was it - a CM3 board, not full Pi 3.

Looking forward to it.