1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 2042 [19th of November 2021]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 9 Jun 2021.

1. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

So, couple of games in, seems OK (nice to have helicopters back !), game hasn't crashed on me, but it can be problematic actually getting as far as a game LOL ... when launching the game, EAs servers frequently decide not to notice you're online.

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Yeah, definitely a few bugs but on the whole its good fun! Vehicle don't seem too overpowered and had some good fire fights already. Wasnt sure about the unlimited sprint to start with but the map is huge, and spread out.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not sure I like it :rollingeyes:

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Was hoping to get into the beta but I don't have the CPU grunt :waah:
    Not normally a battlefield fan but Warzone has bored me to tears lately, time to decide if I want to spend some money upgrading or not.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Played a bit more, and at this stage I wont go as far as to say I wont buy it, but

I do not like the fact that I auto jump to 3rd person when I jump in a vehicle
    Trying to fly a helicopter (for me) is near impossible :lol:
    Keybinds to mouse are a PITA

However,

Already some great Only in Battlefield moments :rock:
    I have had enough of COD Warzone (not saying it is bad by any means)

So, Will I buy it?

More than likely :worried:

6. creative

creative 500rwhp

played the beta last night.... Was unsure but 4 hours later, gold edition bought and messages from my old clan...

I had so much fun, even though I lone wolfed most of it, it was non stop action. The map is a little big but was always easy to get into battles. didnt really have any server issues and easily found matches.

Only negative was how much I sucked at shooters after not playing them for years!

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Tried the beta for a few matches but the horrendous stutter got the better of me and I had to stop. For reference this was at 1080p Ultra on a 5900X / 2070 Super / 32GB Ram build so not exactly a slouch.

Seemed fine from what I played, but I can't see me bothering with the full game, at least not at launch (unless I can find a good deal).

8. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

It looks good and I suck at this type of game but I still like playing them now and again. Battlefield 2042 I will get via EA play pro or purchase, depending what EA have got coming out in the next year.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Also got some stuttering, doesn't matter the setting, so I thought it was due to my CPU despite 1440p ultrawide resolution.

The action is definitely chaotic Battlefield. Can't really say it's much different to 3 or 4 I've previously played. New mechanisms are good additions, but in the end, it's still same old game.

Mr Happy likes this.
  10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Have you thought about adding another? I did this a while back for a buddy and used Profile Inspector to force SLI and it massively boosted his frame rates in DCS, which is pretty intensive.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Its certainly an idea but I dont have another useable slot as I have 2 M2 SSD's and i believe that disables my 2nd slot (if its even SLi compatible).

MSI B550 mortar.

12. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Well early access has started, put a couple of hours in so far. A few bugs but had two amazing games on Manifest!!

Also had a great game of Arica Harbour in BC2 mode..... takes me back!

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

played it a bit since friday, well not sure friday counts as for a long time i just only able to play the inro mission as the game would not go past it, portal/BC2 is pretty much the best mode if and when it works seems almost everyone who has early access agrees

but its should not have been released in its current state there's a host of issues with the game, if i am honest it reminds me very much of state and issues Anthem suffered on launch anyone looking to buy the game should off for a bit even you really really liked BC2
    hard to imagine but dice is a seasoned dev releasing a game in this manner should have been a no-no many of the issues highlighted during the alpha/beta tests have not been addressed or fixed.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I guess I'll be that guy, because it's fun to be that guy.

DICE have never, ever released a game without it being a sh##show at launch, not even twenty years ago when they were Refraction Interactive releasing Codename: Eagle. In that respect Battlefield 2042 underlines their consistency in releasing ambitious messes to the public then spending the next year trying to duct tape it all together.

I might get 2042 next year if it starts gettin ggood, in the mean time I'll just enjoy the memes.

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I only started on BFV a few months back (when it was free) and still have plenty to do in it so I wont touch this with a barge pole until its price comes down and its in a more playable state.

16. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

its a much worse release than bf4 was

17. creative

creative 500rwhp

Few nights playing it and as much as I enjoyed the beta... My enjoyment is curbed a bit atm.

Havent had connection issues and the game is running fine but the maps are woeful. End up spend forever running between points or just camping at 1 spot and wait for the fight to come back.
    Questionable TTK and end upgetting killed in 1 shot...

Jumped into portal, fired up bf3.... and what a blast! maps are perfect size, weapons balanced, set classes, no robot dogs or wingsuits, just out and out warfare!... it was like I only played it yesterday!

Until more maps get released in 2042, think I will be spending most of my time in portal.

18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

some of my clan buddies are still playing it so i joined them for a bit, i am sure its gone worse, shots seem to not hit peep but will hit the wall/vehicle/person directly behind them, apparently its a known bug. both of them have put in for a refund and both will wait it out and try it again when bugs etc are fixed and it gets cheaper

prolly will make the no.1 worst reviewed game on steam judging by this article https://kotaku.com/battlefield-2042-is-now-one-of-the-worst-reviewed-games-1848099213

19. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

cyberpunk was broken but you could stick with it and progress the main story line. this being an Multiplayer online game which is b0rked no end. even the twitch streamers/youtubers who were oddly "pro EA/dice" despite all the bugs and issues during their streams over early access week have switched tack and are saying yeah its broken they should have said this from the get go

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If it's anything like past BF launches they steramers will have been playing developer only builds that worked flawlessly because they were supporting a few hundred or couple thousand players at most. Add in the NDA's they no doubt will have signed and a rep leaning over their shoulder telling them it will be fixed before launch and it's no surprise they didn't say anything beforehand.

Incidentally it's exactly what happened with BF4.