1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'm quite interested also, I have quite a fairly dumb smartwatch ( Amazfit GTR ) which worked well for me but after numerous software updates and a rebrand from Amazfit to Zepp it no longer works as well as it used, things like notifications on watch etc fail and that was one of the things I enjoyed on the smart watch, so I thought about getting the Samsung one now that I know I like a smartwatch more than an actual watch. Battery life would be my main concern, my not so smart watch at the vert least lasts a good 3-4 weeks before a charge.

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

After much dicking about with idiots on ebay, I mean c'mon if you're going to have 'make an offer' enabled on your adverts at least have the decency to respond to offers :wallbash:

I'm never going to be the poster child for smart watches, just tickling a fancy, hence last years tech not this years

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Decided to treat myself to a new gaming laptop after getting a really positive review at work). Will be doing a full review in the future but still in the process of setting it all up.

It's a Medion Erazer Beast X25 with the 5800H / 3070 combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall first impressions are really good with only a minor annoyance around how the recovery partition was setup out of the box. Performance is right in line with expectation and slightly ahead (CPU wise) of the HP Omen we recently picked up at work for one of our designers (GPU wise it wouldn't even be fair as the Omen is using a ~95w design vs the ~130w in the Erazer).

Pete J likes this.
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Work paid for mine last month.

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

We have a voucher scheme through work as well. They have done it for the past few years. My wife and I get one due to being diabetic, so it's not needed for us, but it is awesome that they offer it.

7. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

An oldie but a goodie.

i7 6820hk
    16gb ddr4 2133mhz
    GTX 980M 8gb
    512gb NVME

And graphics amplifier ........ this may appear on the forum shortly tho.... since i font have gpu kidney pennies
    [​IMG]

8. walle

walle Minimodder

LED Lenser T7.2

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A large printer

[​IMG]

Which was one of the images on the site from which I purchased, so you would think when it arrived today I wouldn't be surprised by the size of it. Alas, definitely bigger than I thought, in spite of knowing exactly how big it is.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2021
    Byron C, IanW and sandys like this.
  10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

What horror has befallen you that you need such a monster printer?

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Kind of a set of requirements that just ended up here.

My old Dell 1250C died, or rather, is still sorta working, except instead of printing on the paper, it ingests paper and concertinas it up whilst haphazardly spewing toner in its general direction. And even then it was only half-working on later versions of MacOS.
    And then I thought, my old photo scanner (an Epson 4870) is probably nearing end of life, either from just outright failing or from the next MacOS killing support somehow.
    And I wanted something properly networked, rather than usb-shared from my NAS.
    And one of the boons of the 1250C was cheap third party toner, something that most of the more home oriented printers have locked out with a secret handshake.
    And I wanted to stick with laser because we have the sort of occasoinal-but-bursty usage that inkjets seem to hate.
    And all of those things pointed to "proper" printers

And then the addition of auto-dupex and auto-feed scanning was the icing on the cake for this particular printer.
    Not to mention an actual factual fax machine.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2021
  12. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

... and that was all you needed to say, the rest, pure guff.

Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yeah, 2 days for this is a stretch.

sandys likes this.
  14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

15. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Good deal on the Pixel 6 preorder - Free Bose 700 headphones.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yeah, I was hoping to make a few quid back from them, but daughter has earmarked them for herself already.

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Disposable cans to go with the disposable phone, what a deal!

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Free ~£300 headphones with a phone you were going to buy anyway doesn't sound too bad to me.

perplekks45 likes this.
  19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

PTS MTEK flux helmet with Agilite helmet cover.

[​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Had a mini splurge. Dyson v7 is on the Fritz, only get 30-60 seconds out of it, so got a new 4600mAh battery and also a fluffy hardfloor head which we didn't get with our refurb animal.

Moved what was the test bench desk from the office to the bedroom as Mrs Crap needed somewhere to study for her detectives qualification. She also inherited the rig in my sig, the mountain Everest keyboard and Corsair sabre pro wireless, the lucky girl. With the desk goes my massive mouse mat that is covering holes in the desk. As it's likely I'll be doing the odd bit of sleeving, wiring, soldering etc, rather than a gaming or "mod mat", I got an ANSIO A1 Self Healing Cutting mat, which will be a nice size to go on the 1.1mx0.9m chunk of breakfast bar that will be the new test desk.
    [​IMG]

Finally got a hardline from the office to the router downstairs. I tried hooking up my ancient tplink fr114p firewall/print server but it wasn't playing nice either with win10, the virgin router or both*, so I grabbed a TP-LINK LS1005G, plug and play switch.
    [​IMG]

While on box.co.uk getting the switch, a little bit popped up that they had a b-grade section. Always worth a little browse, especially when you grab an AOC 22P1D 1080p monitor for 50quid. A little surprise for Lauren to save her from the 15year old 15" 1280x720 dell that no longer has height adjustment and is stuck slammed to the desk. [​IMG]
    *Or because I'm crap

Last edited: 28 Oct 2021