1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Blade of Darkness Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Oct 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

I snapped this up on original release and it came with an added bonus - the most violent mouse mat I've ever seen, floating in a liquid goop sandwiched between see through plastic was a series of hacked limbs that moved and coursed around depending on how hard you moused. I found an old DVD copy on ebay some time ago, and had some apprehensions about playing an ageing game and how it'd hold up against modern hack n' slashes. Turns out, it holds its own surprisingly well. The lock on combat feels more like a game of chess and needs finesse rather than button mashing. I find the original version is prone to crashing to desktop so if this release is more stable on modern O/Ss then it's a must buy for me.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2021
  3. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

I loved Severance when it came out, used it's graphics as my desktop image, played it with all 4 characters. Tried playing the original again on my modern system and couldn't get it to run stable. Even though the graphics are blocky as heck now, the gameplay would be great if it's stable. Looking forward to trying this update.

Tags: Add Tags