1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets Denuvo removal boost

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Oct 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Jesus, that's like a 33% performance boost just for not treating paying customers like thieves.
    And then they wonder why piracy is an issue, when the pirates are fixing their games.

xaser04 and wyx087 like this.
  3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

That's nuts. Everyone knows Denuvo has an impact, but I doubt almost anyone would suspect it was that high.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I often wonder if these De-Denuvo-ings happen because Denuvo want ongoing payments to 'support' a particular title. The whole system of DRM is mostly a scam anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if like all scammy business models they push for a subscription.

5. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

I’m playing SOTTR at the moment, do I just look in task manager for something that says Denuvo to see if my game has it still?

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

not surprising, sonic mania and tekken had big performance hits and ars and extreme ech both did articles on the performance hit the drm gives games. quicker its dumped across the board the better

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Going by this line in the article
    I'd imagine you will have it active unless you've opted to use the beta version

monty-pup likes this.
  8. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

I checked task manager but I didn’t find anything that made me think Denuvo or DRM. Might it be embedded in the game?

9. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Going by the steam comments the update also adds in some sort of epic launcher drm. I'm not sure how accurate that is but the developers update post wasn't very forthcoming with information.

10. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

This must be for people who have bought the games recently because I don’t have Denuvo or Epic integrated. I’m playing it vanilla on Steam.

11. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

It updated last week on steam, then quickly updated again the next day, presumably because of everyone complaining.
    Edit. It was actually all three of the newer tomb raider games that updated twice.

Tags: Add Tags