1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus on the Switch. 100 per cent data collection, which I ain't going to lie got to be a little bit of a slog at the end.

Just Monika.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Inside.

But I have no idea what just happened. It's like watching seven series of Lost condensed and with less dialogue. Freakily enough, it's 03:15 and my controller has now started vibrating continuously after just finishing the game, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or whether it's just coincidence. Either way, it's in my lap now.

EDIT: It's also the Another World of the recent generation and well worth a shot if you haven't yet.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2021
  3. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

Picked this up recently for free. I wasn't overly fussed about playing it but I will give it a go after I've finished Far Cry 5

Last edited: 9 Nov 2021
  4. Xir

Xir Modder

The Ballad of Gay Tony
    Ooh, GTA IV with bright colours in pretty :)
    Moving on to Just Cause 2

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Spec Ops: The Line. Again.

Not played this one in a few years, it holds up, kinda. It has the same problem as Bioshock (and Bioshock Infininte): the design and story are amazing, so amazing that first play through, you don't really notice how bad the gameplay is. On a replay, you wonder how you missed it. Spec Ops' gameplay is absolutely dreadful; a shallow clone of everything bad from the last 20 years of action games. Copy-paste fights, useless friendly AI, laser-accurate enemy AI with X-Ray vision (and no suppression or response delay), clumsy railroading, overuse of scripted events, checkpoint saves, bland interchangeable weapons, very thin but rapidly regenerating health pool (complete with blood on your screen!), cover-centric Gears style firefights, clunky slow and limited movement, weak sound effects, infinitely respawning enemies (that only respond to player movement triggers), artifiical difficulty curves to coerce specific play styles (no, you WILL die endlessly unless you use this new gun we're very proud of).

Such bad gameplay.

But I still played it through in a single sitting...again...because the presentation, story and characters are so, so good. It's a perfect length, too, no wasted time (other than the firefights, which could have been 90% shorter and still conveyed the essential points of the plot). Perhaps next time I'll just watch a Youtube highlights video. That's what I do with Bioshock Infinite now - I love that game, but I can't be arsed to slog through the forgettable, repetitive gameplay again.

souper82 likes this.
  6. Xir

Xir Modder

Quit on Just Cause 2, there's no real story, the enmies are completely generic, driving is horrible and it keeps crashing at strange intervals.
    The explosions are pretty though, but that's not enough.

Moving on to Deus Ex: Human revolution

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had a quick go on Just Cause 4 via GamePass t'other day. Gave up, ironically, because it had too much story. All I wanted to do was spend a few minutes blowing stuff up!

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Make sure you take your time over it. I replayed it a few years after it launch and it doesn't fare so well on a second playthrough.

9. boiled_elephant

Defo not a game you play for the story. I just treated it like a big dumb sandbox; put on a long playlist of electronica, stole a helicopter and flew around blowing up oil rigs. I inadvertently completed the main """story""" along the way, but it was pretty much an accident.

10. Xir

Xir Modder

I have Just Cause 3 in the stack as well, for a later time. :grin:

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

The key to understanding Just Cause is that it doesn't mean Righteous Purpose....it means - Why? Just 'Cause

12. boiled_elephant

"Why is there a tuktuk with an anti-tank cannon mounted on it?"

13. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

Wot's a "tuk-tuk"..?

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Tuk-Tuks;
    [​IMG]

souper82 likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

They're what you get when what you have is a moped but what you want is a car. Commonly used as taxis and last-mile delivery vehicles.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Also totally safe and don't self destruct in accidents.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Last completed? Hmm.. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Exceptional game. Don't be put off by EA, Respawn made this and its brilliant.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2021
  18. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

Thanks for the info..

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Far Cry 6. Loved every minute of the 29 hours.

20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Erm....Bastion?

I question this, because the credits rolled and I've started NG+, but my achievements don't show "game completed", oddly :eyebrow:

Was a fun ride, but like any game with multiple made-up names/races (Sine Mora...) I lost track of who was doing what to whom and even what side I was supposed to be on. Just hit stuff with sticks and firethrowers and plugged towards the end.