1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Herc' 9800SE AIW - 8-pipeline enabling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Penrhos, 13 Dec 2003.

1. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Anyone had luck switching the other 4 pipelines back one on these as I am thinking of getting one to replace my old card... A Faulty Gainward GF4-4200 (spotty pictures) that I cannot be arsed to RMA.
    Also what O/c's are people getting if it doesn't enable. as at £150 it looks a bargin compaired to a 9600Pro/XT.

2. penski

penski BodMod

Moving to GFX cards.

*n

3. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

Mine didn't softmod to a 9800 pro - got chequered effect when I tried.
    Also I have had problems with the composite and video in. Not tried tv out yet. Am about to try overclocking it.
    Currently getting 3500 3d marks (2003) on an amd 2200 @ 11.5x166 at stock gfx speeds

[edit]Best overclock seems to be about 420 core / 370x2 mem - default speeds are 380 core / 340x2 mem. 3dmark score pushed up to about 4000[/edit]

Last edited: 13 Dec 2003
  4. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Looks like a few have had the same probs - even when stock, looks like there may be a prob with video-in (few people complaining that its black-n-white) - And the only people with stock seem to be PC-world @ £199 best online I found was £160 inc vat/p&p

5. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

I paid around £160 + p&p for mine
    Fixed some of my problems, the directx patch needed to be installed.
    video in and video out both come with adapter - svid, composite and l+r audio in // svid, composite and mini jack audio out
    I can get colour with the composite for in and out but only b&w for the svid... am assuming I would need an NTSC -> PAL / PAL -> NTSC converter for svid out / in respectively.
    Other than that and the disappointment that it didn't softmod it's still a pretty good card.

6. Vigour

Vigour What's a Dremel?

7. hellomoto

hellomoto What's a Dremel?

the sapphire has only 128bit memory

8. ManDevil

ManDevil What's a Dremel?

Mine softmodded ok - no artifacts/chequerboard effects at all. Running on a 2500+ XP @ Stock I got a 3500 3DMarks03 score before the mod and a 5600 after.

I'll probably have a go at overclocking the GPU when I get some watercooling as the HSF it comes with looks a bit weedy, and it needs some ramsinks as it comes with none.

Got mine from scan btw - £160 - Very pleased with it.

:clap:

Tags: