1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

My boys gone and his brother was there to see him go, he’s distraught and pacing around wanting his brother to come back :waah:

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Had my Covid booster yesterday, this is good. Today I feel like I've been beaten with the f### you stick repeatedly, which is not so good.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Got my booster booked for the 22nd and flu jab tomorrow. My wife felt unwell for a week after the flu one.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's definitely a good sign, because it means the vaccine is provoking an immune response - meaning it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do!

Get some rest and take some paracetamol, sometimes it helps with the vaccination effects.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I had the flu jab last month and was only mildly off colour, my experience with the Covid jabs has been quite brutal. But it's all relative, compared to how sick Covid made my sister last year a couple of days feeling grim is nothing to worry about.

Way ahead of you there :D

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

how the **** does it cost £1600 to plaster 2 rooms? one of which is less than 3x square?

madness.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Give it a go, then you'll have the long n short of it, sure it's just slingin' mud at a wall or 3, but to get a decent finish is an art.
    And the price will be loaded to account for it being a small job / shortage of trades

MLyons likes this.
  8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I hate plastering, I always get it in my head that I can do it and then I try and it's a nightmare and by sheer effort alone I manage to get an acceptable finish. Next time it comes up all I remember is the finish and not the pain of doing it all.

For £1600 for two rooms I'd do it in a heartbeat :eeek:

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Closest place to get a 5g booster jab is an hour away :eyebrow:

10. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

CMS incidents on a system I've just adopted. Apparently we ignore more than 50 alerts some months and it seems to be permanently on fire on a scale of marshmallows to fire engine.

MLyons likes this.
  11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

That and Bitbucket rate limiting.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

1 wisdom tooth and another tooth removed last week, not a major problem just some pain in the teeth around the ones pulled, but normal painkillers work to stop that pain.

Wednesday this week I had my last wisdom tooth removed, had 3 hours sleep since then and have been up all night so tonight is a sleepless night :wallbash:

Want to rip my bottom jaw off, couple of teeth are painful and then the whole bottom jaw is painful.

Normal painkillers are not working, Ibuprofen does nothing except give me severe indigestion, tried Clove Oil which works for about 3 minutes then wears off.

Going to have to try and get in to the doctors or something to see if I can get some stronger painkillers.

13. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I feel your pain. Going through dry socket fun and games at the moment. Some stuff called Oragel Max Strength from the chemists helped me a little, well, more than co-codies anyway. Just try and focus on the fact that by this time next month you'll hardly even remember what the pain was like.

damien c likes this.
  14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Had a dry socket in November 2019 and a Infection at the same time, lasted the whole month and I couldn't work because of it, so I know how you feel.

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’m pretty thankful that I’m close to my 40’s and I’ve not even had a filling to date. My partner had braces as a teen because prior to that it looked like someone had just thrown a handful of teeth into her face, she’s told me some horrific stuff and pain she went through.

Glad mine have been trouble free!

Currently ruining my life is inheritance tax and the ridiculous amounts you have to pay.

16. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Estate Agents: A law all on their own, I'm sure of it.
    Simply put, My tenancy was up for renewal and my landlords offered me an option to go private, which meant a reduction in monthly rental costs. This was a great option, basically a £75 a month reduction in rent.
    Unfortunately, the agents don't like this idea and have basically told us, we can't do that even though I'll be moving out for 24 hours, and are saying my landlords will face a large fee.

I have until this Thursday for things to be resolved.

Urgh.
    Sam

17. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Letting agents are slimy sausage smokers. If you’re in contact with the landlord, hash out a deal with him that leaves you both better off.

damien c likes this.
  18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

That's the point, we've agreed that, But when they asked for my forwarding address and I gave it to them, they told me I wasn't allowed to end my tenancy, move out, get them in to do final checks, and then move back in as a private tenant.

Sam

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

20. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Aye, most solicitors will give a free half hour. Visit a few and get your monies worth!

Give them a different forwarding address, your parents, friend, ex partner for example.

They will weasel every last penny out of you given the chance.