1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It's on a Sony A7II I picked one up via Amazon Warehouse last year for just over £800.

2. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Industrial Delta fans are ludicrous (and dangerous for your fingers)
    We use them at work, the metal versions and they can shift more air than a hurricane (sort of)
    Plastic ones are mean as and make most other fans look totally inadequate

LennyRhys likes this.
  3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Many moons ago I bought a 120x38mm Delta screamatron for giggles because it was cheap.
    It was cheap because it was missing a corner, because when it was switched on by its previous owner it torqued itself off the fan mount and launched itself across the room onto the floor.

LennyRhys and David like this.
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Delta owners' club check in! I had one as the last gasp of air-cooling on a resistive controller... Pretty sure it never got past 8V!

Truly insane the amount of torque they produce.

LennyRhys likes this.
  5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yeah the motors are quite something - you can really feel the torque if you hold the fan (obviously while keeping your fingers on the frame rather than in the frame...) but yeah, holding these fans is not advised.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had one of those chunky cube-shaped coolers with the solid upright core and fins radiating out from the centre... Thermaltake/Thermalright something, I forget. With an 80mm Delta on the top. It was... not subtle.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ooo, Delta fans. Those bring back the memories. Ran an 80mm thick boi on a cooler for a while years ago. It was a short while... Repurposed it as a vacuum fan for my first year university project, I think it went walkies at the end of that time.

8. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I always rated the Panaflo fans over the deltas. Lose a finger if you wasn’t careful!

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My dual Pentium 3 machine from back in the day used to run a Delta 80mm fan on each heatsink. Not subtle is an understatement!

I really really do wish I'd kept that system, that was a beast in its time...

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I wanted some Corsair Vengeance SL RGB memories, but due to a known conflict between Gigabyte motherboards and Corsair RAM (Corsair are NOT on the approved memory list!):-
    Team T-Force XTREEM ARGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 4000MHz DIMM System Memory – White

[​IMG]

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is it a Micron thing then? At least, I think Corsair use Micron chips.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Micron are huge. My pal in the USA has a cousin who works there who gives him ES and etc all of the time.

About two years ago he comes over and gives my buddy this display from an expo with a PCIE "thing" stuck to it. "Pull it off, it should work". Buddy puts it in his PC... Nothing. Damn, shame. Then I say "Get the dev ID and run it through Google". Turns out it was a 4tb NVME SSD with four 1tb modules in RAID. Just needed a driver. You don't even want to know what it was worth :D

Jammy sod.

My latest purchase, finally, is this.

[​IMG]

After so so reviews I really didn't want to pay £60. Saw a few on OCUK go for £30 but I was too slow. Got it for £25 on there today.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not sure. Gigabyte seem to list everyone else as compatible, even some I've never heard of.
    This stuff is Hynix C-die, according to reviewers.

There also seems to be a problem with RGB, as I keep seeing stories about Corsair users losing control over 1 of the 4 RAM slots.

15. David

Jingles has been doing a FC6 play through series on YouTube, or Communist Revolutionary Simulator version 6, I think he calls it.

The long and short of it is that it's hilariously broken and you'll enjoy playing it for all the wrong reasons.

16. David

Seems a fitting punishment for RGB fanboys. :lol:

DeanSUNIAIU and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just remind me, did he manage to make contact with the Monteros? I head something about the daughter being his way in.

David likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Sounds just like FC5 lol. That had serious issues too, but god we had so much fun. In fact, the bugs just made us laugh even more.

New Dawn was tons of fun too. Especially the last boss, who looked like Manbearpig. We were laughing so much it took us about ten tries to kill it.

19. Vault-Tec

Got that issue myself atm with Icue and this Asus board. It won't save the settings. I have to open it, select the one I want (Marquee in red) and leave it open ffs.

Yesterday one of my RGB strips started flickering etc. I thought it was dead. Pulled the header off the board, it's fine. So it seems Aura can't muster the balls to power all of my RGB, even through a power assisted hub. So I am using the manual mode on the hub. Thankfully I found a killer looking set up. Red, then every 4 seconds or so it spins a white LED through it, matching the rig perfectly.

But yeah, all RGB software is ass. Always has been, always will be. I reckon we should send doge a box of boneo and get him on the case ASAP.

20. David

Need to check in with Clara, to find out.