1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It's still not used by a rower, but the clock is over 500,000 meters now, and it's been replaced so god knows what it really is

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Blimey, necro-reply! nice going, wish i had the space for a rower :(

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Not exactly a purchase, but called EE to see about an early upgrade. Online they wanted £77 off me, but with a call and a little purposeful hesitation and declining the first couple of offers, I got that waved, so got a Pixel 6 Pro 128GB (had wanted the 256 but couldn't get that without it adding too much, but I've only just got close to filling my 128gb pixel 4, only removing videos recorded on it once, so it's no biggie)
    [​IMG]

But what I did manage to get added for very little extra cost over what I currently pay and 6months free and for a total cost well under retail, was a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
    [​IMG]

Pretty chuffed really, since the demise of phones4u it's been difficult to get much out of them.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Nice work, I'm on the non-pro Pixel 6 and loving it.

perplekks45 and The_Crapman like this.
  5. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

[​IMG]
    Bought an Alienware Area 51 R2 17.3" laptop

Intel core i9 10900k cpu @ 3.7GHz.
    RTX 2080 super GPU.
    32GB hyperX impact ram 3200MHz.
    2 x 2TB Crucial P5 NVMe drives.
    17.3" FHD (1920x1080) 144Hz 9ms screen.
    Windows 10 pro.

Pete J likes this.
  6. The_Crapman

I was going to go for the standard one, but got persuaded by the additional zoom lens and the potential for closeups.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Won a Dell R720 on Ebay yesterday for £165, only has 2x E5-2667's in it but that should be enough for Plex and a few other little bit's.

Once it turns up, I can start looking in to everything properly and start to figure out what upgrades etc I want for it.

Pete J, Arboreal and Byron C like this.
  8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A 10yo laptop is enough for Plex assuming you're not transcoding, so yeah, that should do the job just fine :grin:

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It's going to do more than Plex in the end, but for starters it will primarily be Plex and Windows Machines backup etc.

10. Mister_Tad

Don't worry I'm not poking fun, I have a similarly oversized sledgehammer to crack home serving nuts.

Which sounds a bit iffy now I read it aloud, but I stand by it.

damien c and meandmymouth like this.
  11. The_Crapman

Fed up of screws rolling around the desk, or my make-do upturned cotton bud lid falling over, it was time to get something proper.
    [​IMG]

Bloody_Pete and ElThomsono like this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Received my free Bose 700 from buying the Pixel 6. Yep, those are some decent cans.

Also spent way too much on random stuff like BluRays, CDs, new mice (for the computers), and all sorts of other things. But I'm happy so who cares?

damien c and Pete J like this.
  13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

They mount suprisingly well to the CPU before sticking on a cooler. Good to hold the motherboard screws in, while installation is happening. Once the cooler is on, I think somewhere with a good surface area like an HDD is a good place. Let me know how you get on.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Replacement battery for my Windows tablet. I really do want to give it one last chance to impress me, everything about it except the battery life is really useful. Using it to take notes in class is super handy...

[​IMG]

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Only frustrating when you find non magnetic screws!

The_Crapman likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

It's really decent actually, better than I expected of something costing £3.50.
    [​IMG]

My only complaint would be the rubber base isn't very grippy, but it keeps hold of the screws so tight i wouldn't be too worried about knocking it of the table. I might end up sticking something more grippy on it anyway.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Maybe the intention is so you can stick it to the wing of a car without scratching it?

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  18. The_Crapman

Yeh it might do, but the rubber is very firm, firm enough that I thought it was plastic at first. I'd have wanted something a little softer for the prevention of paint damage.

19. Mister_Tad

Taken a punt on a s/h Apogee Duet 2

[​IMG]

In deciding on what to do about a tidier desk I've been looking at what to replace my Scarlett with that could go out of the way, almost settled on an Audient EVO since they can be software controlled but I thought I'd miss a proper dial. The latest Duet 3 was basically perfect for my needs, and theoretically much "better" than the Focusrite, aside from being £600. Turns out that the Duet 2 is even more perfect for my needs (namely more mic gain and removal of a couple outputs I don't need), and being old hat, crucially, not £600.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

"Pro" gear like this tends to age quite slowly, which is quite handy for picking up second-hand kit.

I have a Behringer FLOW8 sat on my desk, which absolutely does not contribute to having a tidy desk! Bought it because it also has a multichannel audio interface - handy for streaming and recording at the same time, because it means that I can record individual mixer channels as separate audio tracks. As it turns out they are pre-fade sends, not post-fade sends, and there's no way to change that setting. That's a bit of a ballache but I can make it work in OBS...