1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweaktown boycott

Discussion in 'Serious' started by The_Crapman, 3 Dec 2021.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'd encourage everyone to go and report this tweaktown post/article then unfollow them if you do so. They've said the bf2042 producer called for all boys to be castrated. She did not. She retweeted a pro-choice tweet that was along the lines of "how would men like it if you were forced to have vasectomies until you were financially and mentally stable enough to have children"
    Regardless of the socio-political implications, or your particular take on the matter, it's absolute bullshittery from tweaktown, even for barrel scrapers like them. It's slanderous, libel and basically cyber bullying.

https://www.facebook.com/49650744941/posts/10161522492629942/?sfnsn=scwspmo

EDIT: I'll leave pic on even though it's shown in the tweet, as hopefully it won't be up much longer, but people should still know.

David likes this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I saw that crop up elsewere, too. I read the tweet that she retweeted, and well. It felt like some rather.. Clickbaity ******** at the best of it to make an article about it.

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Unfortunately the internet is rife with this stuff (although this is probably one of the more egregious examples), which is why you should take any "someone I dislike said something awful" claims with a huge pinch of salt*.

Fortunately it seems to have remained a low-key affair, so hopefully she hasn't been bombarded with hate.

* Even if it's true "someone I dislike said something awful" reflects on very little other than the person in question. Yet this seems to be a dissapointingly common way discourse is carried out these days (and while there are worse offenders from all corners of the political spectrum).

Though, on a tangential note, the people in the replies who are hung up on the castration vs vasectomy part seem to be really missing the point.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I’ve reported it on Twitter. I don’t use the Farcebook.

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

This is as close to social media I get...

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    all of those money grabbing whore-bags in particular that non-pore-having Zuckerberg (seriously - did you see the Meta reveal?! That avatar of Mark was more realistic than the robot itself)!

The_Crapman likes this.