1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Nest thermostat / heatlink help?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by MiNiMaL_FuSS, 19 Nov 2021.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Hi all,

My Nest 3rd gen thermostat appears to have died. It's a year out of warranty and Google won't replace it.

Now, do I have to buy another Nest (nearly £200) which comes with a Heat Link and all the other kit or do other WiFi thermostats work the the Heat Link (mine is still working just fine)??

Can't seem to find anything useful online!

Thanks!

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Just seen this, my mums has died too.

The thermostat doesn't find any wireless networks, you can use it manually as it syncs in with the heatlink perfectly fine but you can't control it over WiFi. I've read google will replace it FOC? But this one is JUST 2 years old so out of warranty.

Mines the same age and has been flawless though.

3. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

That's worrying. Just installed a 3rd Gen a month ago. Though the amount I use the wireless control stuff is limited but I would like the auto away functions to keep working.

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Mine was installed at the same time as my mums and mine works perfectly still. Although it does seem wifi dying on them is a common issue unfortunately, and wifi is the reason a lot of people buy them.

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Mines constantly falling on and off the network. Bloody rubbish thing, same issue, can manually use it but that is it. Your better off with a big standard thermostat with programmer I think based on my experiences.

issue I have is I have 3… meh