1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Decent priced 1440p Ultrawide

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Plastic_Manc, 6 Dec 2021.

1. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Hey,

I'm looking for some advice please. From your recommendations before, I bought a Samsung G9 about 9 months ago and despite a few annoying bugs with firmware etc, I've been very happy. However I plan to buy a sim rig in the new year and would be moving that screen onto that.

Therefore I'm in need of another ultrawide at 1440p but with less budget. I'd ideally like to find something nice for my continued WFH and all my other games outside of racing for around £500.

Is this possible and if so, what would people recommend?

Many Thanks

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Anything is going to feel like a downgrade from high end monitors.

I have Acer XV340CKP and it is okay. Measured colour accuracy for this IPS panel isn't as good as my 10 year old Dell U2711 IPS, but looks similar to me at sRGB setting. HDR is completely pointless for this with just 250 nits brightness. Other than that, it's great, no issue at all.

Similar flat IPS monitor to my Acer, there is a cheaper one from Iiyama.

The Samsung G9 is high-end VA panel. There are many low to mid range curved VA panels, from Xiaomi 34inch and Iiyama to AOC CU34G2X and Gigabyte G34WQC.

Check out this recommendations video:

3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

That's a great video, thanks. Lots to think about there with the biggest being whether I actually put the g9 on the racing rig or have the sacrifice in quality there instead.

4. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

The CJ791 drops down to ~500 from time to time. I got it because (at the time, based on my reading) it was a much-better-than-average VA panel, didn't have so many people complaining about QC, and has a very handy (for me) Thunderbolt dock built into it.