1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Hermes - Evri time, what a joke

Discussion in 'General' started by Goatee, 11 Jan 2021.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I saw a delivery driver - dunno which company, it was an unmarked van - drive off with a parcel sat on the roof t'other day. Sadly he'd turned the corner before I could shout after him.

2. maple

maple Minimodder

I don't know if I should laugh or cry

3. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

When i ordered my present system which came by DPD, i was able to see they were 85 stops away with the 'live-tracking'...:)

But Hermes also lost another package i was waiting for. :(

Amazon arrived after i'd gone out but came back later and got me in... :)

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Anyone else finding drivers just leaving parcels on the door step and running (no know, or ringing the doorbell), last 3 deliveries have been like that. Twice they were left out in the rain, and once we we out for the night.

5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Last week, when we had some very heavy rain, the people opposite had a parcel delivered by DPD. They weren't in so the driver threw the parcel over the back gate, then held his tablet over to take a picture of the "delivery".
    We've had Amazon drivers in the past drop things on our doorstep then run up the drive, don't bother knocking. Usually we see them running and then check to see if anything was delivered.

souper82 likes this.
  6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Had lots left on the doorstep, which is annoying because I live on a rough estate

souper82 likes this.
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Generally we're pretty lucky with couriers in spite of having an address that's not the easiest to find (no number and just off the named road), the Hermes lady is always good, and have a bit of a rapport built with the usual DPD, Amazon and UPS drivers too.

That said we had a16kg bag of flour delivered by DX to an address 5+ miles away last week. A replacement was sent next day and was left on the road outside the gate (in the rain, fortunately water tight) and no bell rung.

The nice man that took delivery of the first bag actually dropped it round at the weekend, said the same - opened his front door and there's just a massive bag of flour on his doorstep. No doorbell or anything.

The offshoot is that we now have 32kg of flour. Bread anyone?

Last edited: 13 Dec 2021
    maple and souper82 like this.
  8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I had a few items dropped off at my door during storm Barra and came to the door (less than 30 seconds from them ringing the bell) to discover the items were blown across the street or into my neighbour's hedge.

I also find a lot of delivery people have been refusing to use my doorbell lately, they just knock really quietly then dash.

souper82 likes this.
  9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

This is what we've had the last 3 times (never been a problem before this week to be honest), we have a Ring doorbell, but they literally refuse to push the button.

souper82 likes this.
  10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

We went through a phase when the Amazon driver actually opened the door and chucked the items through without ringing or knocking...:rollingeyes:

souper82 likes this.
  11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A phase?
    If you weren't locking your door in the beginning, you didn't decide to start after it happened the first time?

adidan and souper82 like this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Other than it being the other end of the country, it could have been @David's RAM delivery :wallbash:

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I just saw that - I thought it was a Jiffy Bag at first!

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

15. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

They'll be getting away with it more now because of the virus, back in lockdown they could leave parcels without anyone answering the door (though they should still follow the other rules). I'm guessing they're back on the 'no contact' deliveries.
    When I was involved in the industry DPD we're the butt of many a joke, and considered the worst. Our local Hermes guy is very good and happy to tailor times for collections/deliveries. Never had anything lost by them so no complaints really, as others said I think it depends who has you're route.

souper82 likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

From what I've seen, or received, they need a photo with the door open and the parcel I side, or on the door stop. I did have a case left outside in the rain a while ago

souper82 likes this.
  17. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Can't speak for other companies but for Amazon and their direect contractors they need it to be out of sight of the main road, out of weather if it's not bagged, and any photos can't have 'identity' (no car reg. house No. or inside of house). They'll lose bonus if there's too many complaints but right now many will just want to finish at a reasonable time because the van will be crammed full.

18. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

We live in the middle of nowhere, so door tends to only get locked at night. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after the first time, but I complained when it happened again (don't know if twice counts as a phase? :grin:)

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Hermies delivered my moms xmas present by ''Handed to Receptionist'' by which they mean left by the Blue bin, and by Left by the blue bin they mean left IN the blue bin....and by left IN the blue bin they mean left IN the Neighbours bin

Thankfully they put it into the Blue bin on Black bin day collection day

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

We do the same, only lock at night because it is so quiet here. We also have a yapper (AKA a Jack Russell) to warn us if anyone touches our front gate.