1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Recommend me a dash cam

Discussion in 'General' started by cookie! nom nom, 3 Jan 2022.

1. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

Hi Guys,

My f310 HP Dash cam is starting to show its age. It sometimes wont turn on start up even after replacing the battery and the quality of footage isn't the best. I have read a few reviews on replacements but they all seem a bit mixed so I thought i would see what you guys recommend.

Ideally i would like to spend around £100-£120 mark, Ideally the new model will have good night time recording as I'm a part time pizza boy.

Thanks guys

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i have an anker 2k in my car that is front only and its pretty good only draw back is that it is bulky and in summer its best to rotate sd cards as it gets very hot in the sun but as it has an lcd screen playback isa breeze on the device rather than having to faff about with a phone app some times handy when an incident happens , which i hope is never

i also have innov front & back setup on my motorcycle bit more than your budget and only 1080p max recording and there is no reason why it cannot be used in a car i am planning to get one and install it in my car over the Easter hols

https://www.anker.com/sa/products/v...-pro,-2k-resolution-with-builtin-gps/R2120112

https://innovv-uk.myshopify.com/collections/motorcycle-dash-cameras

cookie! nom nom likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I have the Vantrue N2 Pro which is a bit outside your budget, at £160, but I grabbed it during a promotion on Amazon and paid £95-100 iirc, so it might be worth fishing around.

You can run forward and rear facing @ 1080p or forward only @ 1440p. Night time recording is good. You can buy a hardwire kit with a small in-line battery which switches on the camera if it detects motion near the car - the downside of this being that little battery soon gets depleted if next door's cats like climbing up on your bonnet and you get lots of short little cat videos on the memory card.

I've had it two years and have no complaints.

4. veato

veato I should be working

That Vantrue cam on Amazon is showing up a £23 voucher making it £136.99

I've previously looked at dashcamtalk for recommendations https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2021/

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

There's a cheap Chinese one in the works van - only downside is that you have to physically format the SDcard when it's full. When I queried this with the guv, he said that the ones that automatically wipe old footage meant that he'd go through loads of corrupted SDCards. Not sure if this is down to the dashcam he used previously but it's something to think about!

6. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

I use a Nextbase 622gw with the usb rear camera that plugs in the side. Clear and crisp images :thumb:

Great dash cam :happy: