1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

‘Real’ watch every day for me, there are too many places I can’t wear a smartwatch so it’s not worth the hassle.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I had to have it. Looked at loads around the £100 mark and all would need hacking to get a 240 AIO in there. But this was £60, and I will bet you could drop it from a skyscraper and it would just scratch a bit.

The whole front is steel with alu drive bay covers etc.

The NAS was fun but I want something far more serious, and faster. Will post up the project log soon. Literally all of my old gear and a whole drawer of crap is going in it.

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Got some corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb special edition chrome ddr4 ram second hand.

The_Crapman, adidan and SuperHans123 like this.
  4. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

IamJudd likes this.
  5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just purchased (well...ordered) my very first PCB from JLCPCB. Using the cheapest delivery option, I got 15 boards in purple for under £10. Now I have a couple of weeks to get the components I need for the boards!

Bloody_Pete and Byron C like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oo - what are you building?

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just a simple 5v square wave generator for my many server fans - I've made it many times on stripboard but decided it was finally time to finesse the design and get it printed up!

I had endless fun finding the correct footprints for the components, but once I'd got the 5mm pitch for the caps and the correct pot, I was good to go.

[​IMG]

Bloody_Pete, Arboreal and Byron C like this.
  8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

A third 125mm corded grinder, because life is too short to be changing discs.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Neat!

I always find it satisfying to put a design onto a 'proper' PCB.

LennyRhys likes this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

1 for each hand?

IanW and LennyRhys like this.
  11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

How costly do you think it would be to replicate something like the singularity computers powerboard, to have 24pin, EPS and PCIe power routing through it?

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Cheap to manufacture, I'd reckon. Just be careful when routing, and watch those trace widths!

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Remember this?
    Remember this?
    Remember this?
    Well... this morning I woke up to the announcement of a win. No, I'm not a millionaire: it was £25, the smallest amount you can win. And my very first prize.

So, that's March-January, 10 months - though only nine drawings. A 0.17 per cent return on investment. I've got two more months to win additional prizes, or... yeah, turns out that I would have been better off leaving the cash in my 0.4 per cent (now 0.6 per cent, thanks to a bonus rate) savings account.

C'est la vie.

Vault-Tec and LennyRhys like this.
  14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Hahahaha ain't that the truth. I bought my first ever lottery ticket a few years ago, and immediately I won (I think) about £6, which I promptly "invested" into three more tickets. Would have been better buying something of actual value with the £6 lol.

15. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Regardless of the interest rate leaving money in such a low rate savings account it is always going to worth less than the year before it, sad times for savers for years now with these low rates, great if you have an old mortgage pre floor though.

16. Gareth Halfacree

I've got a bit of cash in a stocks-and-shares ISA, which is thankfully beating inflation by rather a lot: I'm north of 12 per cent ROI at the moment, I think. Of course, as it's stocks-and-shares, that could all change in an instant - not great for the risk averse!

I'm going to have to pull at least some cash from the Premium Bonds, anyway, 'cos I've a big tax bill due at the end of the month - balancing payment for last year and payment on account for the next, plus the VAT return for the three-month period ended December. Not fun!

sandys likes this.
  17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

One For All WM4251 19 - 43 Inch Turn TV Wall Bracket
    [​IMG]
    Taking a little bit of a punt on this as it's only £24, but the reviews are mostly positive. The bad reviews mostly complain about their TV not fitting (check your vesa standard people!), or the screws to attach the TV being too short, but my TV has it's own screws.

Will give it a once over before installing and can always return it if I don't think it will be up to the job.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

More CDs! Discogs does nothing to discourage my impulsive spending!
    • Rush - The Spirit of Radio
    • The Presidents Of The United States Of America - The Presidents Of The United States Of America
    • Dub War - Pain
    • Dan Deacon - Bromst
    • Daft Punk - Discovery
    • Pendulum - Immersion
    • Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty

19. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I haven’t purchased a CD since Eminem’s first album, everything since has been acquired online, youtube or streaming.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Same. I've been using Spotify since it was an invitation-only service (probably somewhere in the mid-2000s). I also buy digital music through Apple Music and Bandcamp (the latter is preferred). But there's a tactility to owning and using physical media that files in a computer just can't replicate.

I'm also increasingly unable to ignore how brutally artists are treated by streaming platforms and the utter pittance they get paid. I'm not going to stop using digital streaming because the convenience is just too great to ignore, but at the same time I'm going to make an effort to actually buy stuff from artists that I listen to; if they're digital-only releases then that's fine, but if I can get it on a CD then even better.

Right now I'm working through a backlog of over a decade's worth of streaming! 11 down, 184 more to go! :lol: