1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODS PLEASE LOCK - MOVED TO NEW FORUM :D!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Starbuck3733T, 2 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

I wanted to suscribe to this interesting thread and, I thought that it would look kinda cool to have something like that... I saw one case that had SouthPark's Tweek cut into the panel.
    Just an Idea for a nice setup...

2. n0ll4k

n0ll4k What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

i thought something like this would fit nice

3. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

I appreciate the work ya'll have put into the window designs, but I think ya'll need to think more organic. Think tatoo designs and flowing shapes. Try to use the front side of the case too, seeing the drives/cages WONT be boring. I'm gonna put something interesting in there... I just dunno what it is yet ;)

I gave the PSD to my graphic artist friend this morning, we'll see what he comes up with when he's got a block.

Reviewing the topic I noticed something! I failed to change the URL on one of my pictures in the last picture-update, so here's the picture (I already uploaded it, just failed to reference it!) and the text that was supposed to go with it but went with the wrong picture!

close-up of the tiding. You can see my spice where I put in the (white ARG!!, wont take dye) 90* molex connector. I also spaced the drives apart to give them slightly better ventilation for the time being. When I get my next set of richco anti-vibration mounts, or built the silencing enclosure for the 10K SCSIs, I'll be installing a 120GB fluid-bearing maxtor in that empty spot.

++ And yes, I'm still looking for a black cap for the res.
    [​IMG]

4. Fluba

Fluba What's a Dremel?

use a CD Pen. iv used one on all my molexes (including the mobo one) and it wrked fine. just leave them a couple of hours so they dont get wiped or collect fingerprints

-edit-
    window idea:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Dec 2003
  5. Seal

Seal What's a Dremel?

Took me ages to figure the photoshop thing but got it in the end!

Its not done very well but heres my idea:

[​IMG]

It would look well good being backlit! :)

6. globe

globe What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just something i made fast, should do some trimming and better designing but looks cool in my opinion :)

the "feet" should reach the lower part so it wouldnt just "hang on air"

been going thru these forums for quite a while but now i just had to post :p

7. Reason_no1

Reason_no1 What's a Dremel?

Just my 15 min in photoshop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Btw realy like youre modd :rock:

8. Starbuck3733T

@reason_no1 can you send me the PSD for this one:
    [​IMG]

I think you've got something there! I just want to play with it a little further.

@Globe: Those are really pretty darn cool, I'll keep them in mind for another project in the future :D

9. Reason_no1

10. Seal

Seal What's a Dremel?

Reason_no1, all that took you 15mins!!!!!!!!!!!!11

U must be well good at photochop, tooke me about an hour to do my naff design. BTW did you get those templates from anywhere because they look really nice, and accurate n stuff.

11. Reason_no1

Well to be true...it took me 3 h to lern the program... but then 15 min to do the design...
    I took the tamplets from my tatto pack to my poser 5 ...
    Don´t know wher... sorry m8

12. Bugaloo

Bugaloo What's a Dremel?

If I where you I would turn it, just to show of that nice PSU. :thumb:

13. globe

globe What's a Dremel?

made another one (bored here heh)

[​IMG]

seems i have some sort of space invaders fixation

14. RaZoRbLaDe

RaZoRbLaDe What's a Dremel?

That's right Starbuck, that IS a nice window design. But I wouldn't use it that way, coz you can't see the inner of you're case enough, that's my opinion :p...

So, it took me about 30 minutes to change the design... (Yes, I don't know a **** of photoshop, so I used paint ;))

[​IMG]

If I were you, and you want to go with that design, I would make it the way I displayed above... Maybe the edge is a little bit small (you can adjust that very quickly I quess ;)), but you get the point I think.

PS: You're case rocks!! :rock:

Very nice work, keep it up ;)

15. 3vil-Grin

3vil-Grin What's a Dremel?

Sweet designs

They all would make interesting etchings if they were ever done :clap: ne plexi...

:rock:

16. dudeyourmomiscute!

dudeyourmomiscute! What's a Dremel?

dude get a professional pinstriper to paint your case!

it would look sweet

17. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Looking good, should be a nice case in the end

18. Starbuck3733T

***CARRIER DETECTED***

I'm not dead! Neither is this project.

I've been on christmas vacation, if you could call it that. My GF and daughter have been very sick since the beginning of my christmas time off. Today has been given to me as a day off as GF/daughter have gone to GFs moms house since Starbuck has been playing Mr. Mom for the past week. So I get 2 days of my vacation back, yay me!

On Dec 29 2003, this lil present arrived for me from my faaavvorite store:
    [​IMG]
    Mmmm MUSHKIN! 2x256 PC3200 black hi-pref level II (whatever that means) all I know is that it runs 200MHz at 2-2-2-5! That's some fast ram!

After installing the ram, and before I filled everything back up, I had to clean things out.
    [​IMG]

I have a bucket I installed a barb into, and I remove the return hose to the res and put it in the bucket. I T-fitting'd the inlet to pull from the res and the bucket, but in hindsight that wasn't really needed.

I ran an entire big bottle of pinesol and 1/2 a bottle of lysol through the loop for 3 hours. Most of the cloudyness on my tubing is gone, once again. Hopefully running the hyperlube supercoolant it will stay that way.

I refilled the loop and there were no leaks, so I fired the system up and to my surprise, the idle temp was at 31*C!! Load temps in prime95 still seem to be 41*C to 38*C or so, so it may just have been that the water wasn't up to idle temperature yet.

Also, the tinnnnny bubbles and foam that the hyperlube created take forever to dissipate. about 5 hours later they're about 1/2 way gone. I suspect they'll be all gone by morning.

The system is now running prime95 torture and 3dmark2001 looping for good measure. I bumped the FSB up another notch and so far the system has made it at lot longer at 23x159 than it has before. Maybe the ram was the ticket.

Crossing my fingers and hoping to be able to run 23x161 for 3.703 GHz... getting to an even 3.7 would just be so sweet. if the ram will let me go higher, that's good too.

That's all for now. I'm saving my $$$ for a radeon 9800 pro now, now that the ram is taken care of. I'll revisit the top mesh intergration when my patience level returns to normal.

19. Starbuck3733T

I'd always made provision for this mod, which I've now actually completed. Here is what the extra (non-fan) hole I made in the backplate was for.

I ripped the male power connector out of a dead/dying PSU and modified my eheim 1250 to use it instead of standard plug. This way I just plug a standard power cable into the plug and my pump is active. This was really easy, just my soldering iron and wire clippers.

I took so long to do it because I was originally going to use a 120V relay (normally open) to open or close the green wire on the ATX power connector. With the pump not plugged in, the green wire would have been an 'open' and the machine would not have been able to power up. Keeps you from powering up w\ out coolant flow. I couldn't find any 120V relays (well, 120V coil relays) locally so I've postponed it for now. I may or may not revisit it... Ideally I'd like to get a flow switch but they're shockingly expensive!

Okay, pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

i think you should forget the panels and keep just the frame in its powder-coated glory...

itd be different i guess.... but look schweet :p

dust would be a problem however

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.