1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Games you didn't complete

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 16 Sep 2021.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Homeworld 1 and 2

i utterly adore the setting but holy **** I suck so hard trying to play it. I'm decent at RTS as well but for some reason I jut cant wrap my head around playing them

Otis1337 likes this.
  2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

HW1 doesnt need mods imo, but MW2 has scaling difficulty which means it just gets harder the better you do. This was not in the original game but was added in the remaster.
    There is a patch that is made by the devs that is only avablie in the steam workshop called "players patch 2.3". it adds some more modern UI functions and you can turn off the difficulty scaler or turn it down.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Loved witcher 1 and 2.
    Found Witcher 3 to be boring, clunky and unbalanced.
    Alien isolation, boring
    Metro exodus, boring
    Read dead 2, boring
    Skyrim, boring
    Total war: Warhammer, to bloody hard!
    South park stick of truth, boring

Just some that come to mind.
    If a game doesn't grip me in the first hour i often cant stick it out.

I'm the same with TV series, if im not hooked in 3 episodes, im done.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I cheated my way through all 3 Homeworlds, not ashamed to admit it either! It's the move into 3 dimensions that does me in, especially when attacking groups of capital ships and needing to micro the attackers to keep them above/below/behind the enemy formation.

It's a tragedy that Cataclysm's become a sort of lost game though. It's both a great direct sequel to Homeworld and about the only RTS horror game I've ever seen. Even with cheats it was a difficult game, but worth it for the sudden veer it takes into 40k via Virus territory. Do not flee. Come to us...

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

what cheats did you use? i wouldnt mind getting my hand on them

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Are you sure it wasn't in the original game? I thought it was just turned up to 11 in HW Remastered.

6 bloody battlecruisers at once I faced in that damned Balcora Gate mission...

Oh yes. Barely got beyond the tutorial before giving up.
    The first thing you can try is making liberal use of the pause button (which is what I ended up doing). You can still move around, look at things, and queue orders and building. Almost makes it into a turn based strategy game!

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

While I'm here...

Dragons Age: Origins

Like Skyrim, I ignored the fact that I don't really get on with almost all fantasy games and bought this for ~£3 on account of the excellent reviews it got. I tried playing it twice - the first time, I barely got beyond the point of becoming a Grey Warden, the second time I completed a couple of 'villages' or whatever a section is called. I think I shot myself in the foot a little as I was trying to complete it on the hardest mode (I always try to play a game on its hardest as I like to be challenged) but ultimately, I just find fantasy way too nerdy - I keep thinking of the Peep Show LARP bit!

The stupid thing? I actually bought Dragon's Age 2 when it was on offer, and I think I may even have Dragon's Age 3! Seems rude not to buy when they were also ~£3...

Finally, I think I've mentioned it before, but Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is the only fantasy game I've enjoyed/completed, as I have a soft spot for top down shooter type games and you got to hit stuff with a sword that WAS ON FIRE.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

What is this completing a game all about, I am unaware of the concept?

All the games I play are usually open ended.

9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

REVIVING POTION REVIVING POTION!!
    WTF Am I doing?
    I'm in a field in Kent with a plastic sword.

With you on fantasy games.
    Orcs, trolls, spells etc.. NEXT!
    And they are EVERYWHERE!
    Give us more contemporary or futuristic settings.

Pete J likes this.
  10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Out of your list, I think this is one game you should revisit.
    The setting and atmosphere is incredible.
    However, if you have no patience at ask for stealth games, it's probably not for you.
    I found I got into stealth games as I started to get older as when I was younger I had zero patience for them.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2022
  11. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

EverReach - Boring, couldn't re-map any keys
    Metro Exodus - sooooooo boring
    Necromunda - slow and likewise with the key-mapping
    Painkiller - too repetitive
    Payday - boring
    Portal - boring
    portal 2 & Reloaded - boring
    Prototype 2 - too many glitches
    Rage - boring
    Red Faction Armageddon - couldn't wait to bin it
    Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army - what ? binned

Last edited: 4 Jan 2022
    boiled_elephant likes this.
  12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

You can put all the games into debug mode, which allows you to alter your starting fleets and resources, you can also spawn in ships as needed.

It can cause problems when spawning ships that aren't meant to be controlled, sometimes they spawn and can be controlled, sometimes they spawn with their AI running. It's worth the risk just to see the Junkyard Dog randomly grab a Bentusi ship and run away with it.

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I think you're in the closet on fantasy. I think you secretly love it but hate that you love it :lol:

Pete J likes this.
  14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Is there a "kind" name for people that like Command & Conquer just to build up PHAT armies?!

I hated being attacked coz like ..I'm not READY!

Give me turn based or give me death.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Turtler?

souper82 likes this.
  16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I personally never had any difficulty with HW games, in singleplayer at least. The key is to get as much resource to carry forward as possible. Every mission carries forward your previous mission ships, so by the end, you'll have a HUGE PHAT fleet from the get go.

Near the end of HW 2, there was a mission with an orb of iron frigates. I captured almost every single one and made the next mission with asteroid super easy. I can't wait for HW 3........

Supreme Commander (FA or 2?) is also very good for turtling and building up armies. IIRC there is a no rush timer, and you can get a crusher defense structure that pulls in enemy units and crushes them for credit.

On topic, game I didn't complete:
    - Marvel Avengers....... whole point of Avengers is to play the Avengers from the films, not some random character that I don't give a hoot.
    - Homeworld Desert of Kharak: it was released when I didn't play much games, I've never found a good reason to get into it. Along with HW Remastered, it is installed......
    - Watchdogs 2: 1 was interesting, the trailer won me over and the concept kept me playing. But 2 was just a repeat. Close to stopping Legion, was interesting at first to see familiar London sights, but the gameplay gets old.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I like Turtles. I am ok with this.

souper82 likes this.
  18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Payday 2.
    Lasted 15 minutes.
    COD MW Remastered. Lasted 30 minutes.

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Monster hunter games and I. I love them, but I never finish them. So I have Freedom Unite on PPSSPP and I'm currently working through high rank. The Xbox controller makes all the difference. After this will probably be Portable 3rd with a translation hack.