1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for some web dev

Discussion in 'Software' started by ClearCaseMan, 15 Dec 2021.

1. ClearCaseMan

ClearCaseMan Acrylic GOD

I have a site that a friend of created a bit back(more than 10 years) it was written asp/.net I am looking for someone who can get it back up and running and make a lot of changes to it. basically it was a call system that I had my customers in and could assign calls to myself or any other tech who worked for me. unfortunately he isnt able to code anymore. I currently am usinf fleetmatics from verizon. its crap and I need to get us moving in a new direction. I am willing to pay. I am not begging for free. just need it to work and work right.

2. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

In all honesty you'd probably be better off using the free/cheap tier of a hosted service. No headaches and no development.

It sounds like what you'd be looking for is a ticketing platform or help desk software. Jira is the industry standard (for better or worse) in IT, and once you're over the learning curve it's pretty good.

It may take a little while to find a service you like, and a little effort to learn it and adapt to it, but I can guarantee its less effort than trying to get an old piece of software up and running. Plus, an ASP developer that can work with something that old will cost £500-1000 a day.