1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTX 3070 Ti - Monitor says 'no signal'

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by 1Car1_Garforth, 17 Jan 2022.

1. 1Car1_Garforth

1Car1_Garforth What's a Dremel?

I have just removed my gtx1070 and fitted a Palit RTX 3070 Ti . The monitor says 'no signal detected'. When I press the reset button, it does not even show the bios screen. The card has 3 display port sockets and an hdmi socket. I am using the hdmi socket.
    The fans are turning and the led light show on the card is running. The card remains cold to the touch so there is no folding going on.
    Do I need to change back to the 1070 and delete the card device? Buy a display port cable?

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Couple of things to check:
    The HDMI cable is fully inserted (both ends) - sometimes they get caught on the pci slots of the case which prevents them going all the way in.
    You've fully plugged in the necessary power cables properly (i.e. 2 x 8 pin PCI-e power connectors)
    The card is fully seated in the pci-e slot - you should only see a very thin bit (or no) gold on the connector once in the slot.

If those don't make a difference then it could be a PCIE Gen3 / Gen4 slot issue but as you had a PCIE Gen 3 card in previously this seems unlikely to me as the 3070 should work fine in Gen3 mode.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

The other thing is to check that your monitor is set to detect your HDMI port - it might be set to look for a different input.

Arboreal likes this.
  4. 1Car1_Garforth

1Car1_Garforth What's a Dremel?

Ah, thanks. There was an internal USB cable getting trapped between the GPU card and the hard drive cage and this was preventing the GPU card from seating properly at one end. I have a big tower CPU cooler about an inch from the card so it is really hard to see what is happening.
    The monitor is working now but in lower resolution and the CPU is folding but not the GPU. I am off to work (night shift) so I will investigate further tomorrow.
    Thanks to DocJonz also.

Update: Problem solved
    I have registered with nVidia, pledged allegiance to the Terms & Conditions, downloaded and installed their driver program. Re-sized the output so the Windows menu button fits on the screen. Re-booted and now folding on CPU & GPU.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2022
    Arboreal, adidan and Spraduke like this.
  5. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Glad it helped