1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Aye that's not a good combo :sigh:

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Senokot max strength, holy **** i feel like my insides have been run through a gravel crusher, not taking this **** again

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

One of these problems is not like the others, I hope he was ok.

Hopefully it's just a coil pack going pop, but it's still super duper annoying.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

If its over the counter then its gentle. If the hospital ever give you something to clean you out..say a prayer and then be within 10 feet of a bog until its over. And by over, you will think you are about to die.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Been there...

6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I hope it's a simple fix too.

Yes the poor old C3 was in a slowish 5 car pile up before Christmas. He was 200mm form his exit on the M4 and someone braked randomly. He hit a Ford Ranger with a towbar... All the others were driveable :waah:
    The boy is fine thanks after some physio on his neck and some rest. I think he was too close to teh car in front as he was getting to the slip road.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I'm so sorry..

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The bain of my existence; my brain estimates work time in perfect testing conditions, with no errors, run-overs, everything working as expected and absolutely no margin of error. "Oh this will only take a few hours testing this morning" A few days later i'm gnawing at the keyboard, begging the benchmark god's for blessings and forgiveness.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Called it: just finished, after starting at 0700 this morning.

Could have been worse: I was able to skip a hundred pages or so at the end of the book I was reviewing, thanks to a hefty appendix and a 72-page bibliography.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Just think of it as getting your bad luck out of the way and that more pleasant times are ahead!
    I managed to make it home in 2 hours, but saw some of the most atrocious driving I have ever seen in my life as a result of people getting short-tempered:
    • A car almost swerving into another because they wouldn't let someone on from the slip-road
    • An impatient van causing someone to slam on their brakes doing an aggressive right hand turn
    • One of those 'big vans with the roller shutter back' being driven at speeds that brought it close to falling over, and the worst tailgating I have ever seen.
    • A severe lack of indicating when overtaking, causing a few harsh braking incidents
    This is the second night in a row the A50 has been brought down by a severe accident, and the third in a fortnight. At this rate, severe accidents are going to start exceeding the 1 per week average.

I think I'm going to start using the A52 route back home. Technically adds 10 minutes, but is a hell of a lot more reliable.

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Having bad thoughts. But then I think about how it would affect the kids and wife. Then I feel like a complete ****. This is the lowest I’ve been.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hey, dude, don't do anything rash. You need someone to talk to, PM me.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Absolutely reiterate the above, its time to think about yourself here. It may be bottling things up in order to protect those around you has amplified this further.

Happy to be a sounding post whenever you need to get stuff of your chest, PMs always open to anyone struggling

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Offering another place to vent/scream/cry/talk.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hang in there chap.

It WILL get better. Just give it time.

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hang in there dude.

Try not to be so hard on yourself (I know easier said than done) but no matter what, the darker thoughts are always the wrong option.

There's plenty of cyberfolk out here wishing you well.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

A good clear-out before camera up the arse...

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Car noises. I’ve noticed with the radio off the cars been making some unusual noises coming from rear offside, I tried to convince myself maybe it was something that had always been there and it was the radio being off that made me notice it.

sounds like when you’re driving on the motor way and you hit that weird concrete section, the rotational whining and whirring but just on the one corner.

No sound stationary, definitely sounds rotational in nature. gets louder and frequency increases as you accelerate. Only really present 30mph+, there when coasting at speed and greater increased sound of rubbing when steering left at moderate-high speed such as coming back in when overtaking parked vehicles.

No change when steering right in a similar fashion, I suspect with the mileage the left offside wheel bearing may be going… ?

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

90% certain that's a bearing. Jack it up and check for any play, it's not always a perfect test but any sense of looseness is a dead giveaway.

Not particularly hard to DIY as long as you have the right tools, but worth doing/getting done properly.