1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Was keeping an eye on this. Price suddenly shot up over the last week, then plunged to below what it used to be, so snapped it up:

[​IMG]

Lots more to go though. And two or three of the whole collection are either quite expensive, or currently unavailable (even second-hand).

IanW and SuperHans123 like this.
  2. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Oooopsie

[​IMG]

BMW 330E (2017) M Sport
    24K miles

SuperHans123 and Byron C like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If they're not included, make sure you get the indicators for it - indicators don't seem to come as standard in most BMW cars :lol:

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I thought that was Volvos. There's certainly plenty of evidence to suggest it around here.

5. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

I thought it was Mercedes (which I am coming from) LOL

I'll order some special ones, or use my arm ;)

Byron C likes this.
  6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Around these parts it's rare to see indicators on cars of any brand, anywhere in the vicinity of a roundabout. It's as if they are automatically disabled...

SuperHans123 likes this.
  7. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Lights or the drivers?

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Probably both…

Bazz likes this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bunch o' LM1881 ICs... on a slow trip from China

[​IMG]

Bunch o' SCART sockets... also on a slow trip from China

[​IMG]

And 10x copies of this... on a pretty fast trip from China (hopefully)

[​IMG]

Wait... what are those? Are those... plated mounting holes...? Are those... plated mounting holes with a keep-out zone so that they don't intersect a power or ground plane...?

I should stop bashing NZXT. Maybe it's not their fault: maybe their PCB CAD software couldn't do keep-out zones or plated through holes; maybe they don't have QA or review teams for commercial products that they're going to mass-manufacture.

The_Crapman and LennyRhys like this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ooo. There's a new version!

Byron C likes this.
  11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I seriously doubt they manufacturered their own risers - this was a procurement oopsie, and somebody tried save save a few pennies per unit.

Don't get me wrong, NZXT clearly weren't very thorough in their selection process and their initial response to the whole debacle was laughable. Plastic screws, really? Talk about a time bomb.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The point is that it's a dumb mistake that should never have happened in a mass manufactured product. Whether it was designed by NZXT or a subcontractor, NZXT are ultimately responsible. It isn't even about BOM costs, laying out the board properly doesn't increase the cost of components.

You're right that they cheaped out, and that their response was absolutely pathetic.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah I would doubt any one actually makes their own risers. Including EK.

https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=98049

I would strongly guess NZXT were penny pinching as stated. I don't know who makes Lian Li's risers, but they are really expensive. Like up to £120.

I'd still buy one of those dodgy cases though if I wanted one. I would just isolate the platform the riser goes on, the bottom of the riser and use the plastic screws (or none, I would imagine once the GPU is in the riser and secured in place it isn't going anywhere).

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

For those interested, context is here!

IanW and liratheal like this.
  15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That's super cool man!

Although I still reckon there's only one way to mount PCB's that've got cool stuff happening;

[​IMG]

LennyRhys, Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ha! That's pretty much how I've been using mine.... but far messier than that! :grin:

I've been considering making a more "advanced" version of this interface, but it'd be separate from the design I'm doing for the monitors. The LM1881 is out of production now, so TI are replacing it with the LMH1980. The LMH1980 outputs separate signals for HSync and VSync, as opposed to just CSync (although it does also do CSync), and that might yield better image quality. I'd also like to experiment using a PLCC socket to interface with the GBS-8200's microcontroller instead of using bare wires - might make for a neater solution!

IanW and liratheal like this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Philips 70PUS7906 70" Smart Ambilight 4K Ultra HD Android TV

Wasn't sure I could get this. After a absolutely terrible crushing week with electronics I was all but resigned to have to not get a new TV.

Got home on Tuesday and fired up new Alderlake PC. After about 10 seconds the screen would start strobing. I can't tell you how traumatic this was. After hours and hours I finally realised it was Steam causing it, when it loaded with Windows after the new update.

Four hours and I put on my headphones (Beyerdyanmic T5P) they are blown. Well, three hours of going through 3 sound cards and then plugging them into my phone and they were blown. Would love to know how they did that given I wasn't here FFS.

Then I go to order the TV and realise that 70" TVs are facking HEAVY. As is the 65" I have now. Once you go over 50 they put a metal frame in them to stop them flexing and yeah, up to 50kg. So there went that, sorta. I also couldn't find any info about taking the old 65" away that weighs more than that, on account of it having a 2ft x 1ft 1/2" glass stand. Ended up phoning AO. Only, in the three days since I saw it on sale for £749 it was back to £999 which I could not afford. Lots of haggling and he finally told me if I could come up with a name of an outlet still selling it for £749 he could price match. Apparently he couldn't just do it any way but I got that sorted. Then he told me for £24 they will bring in the new set, install it and remove the old one. I hate to literally give away a perfectly working set but the weight makes it almost impossible to deal with. It's not like I can just phone a mate and he can stick it under his arm and take it away. It's over 50kg and the size makes it impossible for one person to carry alone any way. So it is more of a hindrance than maybe the £150 or so I could sell it for. Plus I don't want randoms in my flat either.

Going back to the cans. Thankfully I didn't want to deal with replacing the head band and pads so I bought a stand in set. Which I like more any way (prefer the sound) so hey ho, I suppose they did me well (7 years, paid £340 brand new in box and I thrash them for 10 hours a day religiously).

I'm looking forward to watching them place the new TV in situ. They have about 8mm in every direction lmao. That was the thing. I already have a 70" and as much as I wanted proper 4k and HDR it was a lot to spend just for those features. So I wanted a bigger one too, but 75" literally won#t fit unless I spend a week rearranging the entire flat. With my hifi the way it is? yeah no thanks.

Oh and lol @ him trying to upsell me a budget sound bar :D

18. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

New Chainsaw, Stihl 500i with a 55cm bar, I always thought the MS 291 (pictured in pieces behind the new one) was a well built and sturdy chainsaw but this one is on a different level. Fingers crossed the new fuel pickup line and handle for the 291 are delivered soon and I'll have all the chainsaws I need. now just a few more bars and chains to buy.....

spolsh, LennyRhys and ElThomsono like this.
  19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

That workshop looks like it's straight out of Evil Dead.

adidan and LennyRhys like this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That blade is too clean

Pete J and David like this.