1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Being told 'Grandad's a good fella' by my two and a half year old Grandson after Grandma told me off for dumping the contents of the three bags of ball pool balls into his bath on top of him. 45 mins later and three top ups with warm water he got out looking like a prune and was asleep within 15 mins.

In the meantime Grandad is in the process of extracting said balls from bath, whilst carefully protecting his own as a rather annoyed Grandma wants a bath !

Isitari, Vault-Tec, IanW and 3 others like this.
  2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

CP2077 benchmark showing the 3080M to be quite the little beast:

[​IMG]

(Both systems are in my sig for reference. In game the 3080M is clocking at ~1755 core and 14000 memory so performing broadly like a 3070 desktop).

Haven't even begun tweaking it yet!

:rock::rock:

3. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Does she not know the pool balls are fun for all ages?

MLyons likes this.
  4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

1.5 years on lady 'mones today

:clap:

Byron C, IanW and KayinBlack like this.
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Finally complete

[​IMG]

legoman, Isitari, IamJudd and 6 others like this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Finland finally equal GB's tally of one gold medal in Olympic ice hockey.

About time and beating Russia in the final is the icing on the cake.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm sure they'll make up for the loss when the finally invade the Scandis.

Ukraine is just the amuse-bouche - them thur ruskie subs have been trailing their coats in swedish waters for years now.

8. adidan

It's only been not long over 100 years since they were in Finland. Different kettle of fish too, it was never part of the Soviet Union.

Mind you St Petersburg used to be a Swedish territory so if the Russians kick off in Scandinavia they could go on the front foot there again :lol:

trigger likes this.
  9. Andersen

Got a call from Transplus

Apparently I have been given the first endorsement for genital origami on Jan 6th. This year. I wasn't aware of that. Caller set me up with my second endorsement chat with Dr Lorimer for friday next week.

I had no idea Transplus is THAT fast but I'll take it

Byron C and Almightyrastus like this.
  10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Awesome news, and that is possibly one of the best terms I have seen for it.

11. Andersen

Someone on TransgenderUK discord invented that term. She did some math on Excel about it and named the spreadsheet "Genital Origami Tour 2019" :grin:

Been a bit weepy about this. I've wanted this since mid 90s...

Almightyrastus likes this.
  12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Roughly a year on blockers (spironolactone.) Best year of my life. Helped me come to terms with being asexual, which has made me much happier. Tomorrow I will put the finish on the first bow I've built in a long time. And I will finally build a new bowstring the old way from gut again.

Things are falling into place.

13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

It's not comparable to the above but a ringing endorsement for Shark Ninja products - three years in, the pet model Shark Vacuum has started to make a loud, high-pitched whining noise. A ten minute call to customer services, some warranty details and a new motor has been ordered to be sent out over the next 72hrs... best bit? It can be fitted by yours truly as they give all the instructions to replace the existing motor!

I'm happy that I went Shark over Dyson... don't get me wrong, both good vacuums but as I used to repair the wiring on 20+ year old Dysons when I first got together with MSO, the build quality of the Shark seems so much better!

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Going to Porto for a company event in April. First flights since March 2020. And first time in Porto.

Pete J and IamJudd like this.
  15. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

When my partner got our shark she did a thorough clean with our old dyson, then a quick once over with the new shark. What the shark pulled up made us feel like we were living in a squat.

We’ve now gone for the anti hair wrap model as cutting out a new wig every three days was getting tiresome.

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A home automation crew have been here all week, and most of the "boring" stuff has been done now and it's on to the fun stuff.

A highlight for both them and myself, is the integration with Unifi Protect. You can assign zones in the streams to triggers. For example, on the camera stream for the drive, pressing on the gate opens/closes the gate, or on one of the other cameras, pressing on the water feature turns that on/off. Absolutely frivolous, absolutely delightful.

IanW likes this.
  17. Andersen

559 days of biohacking have done a thing. Think "need a new passport" kind of thing

Nov 2018 vs Feb 2022
    [​IMG]

Gotta love running on estradiol and progesterone instead of testosterone

IanW and Byron C like this.
  18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I gotta say I like running on nothing. Being ace I get tired of random thoughts and after a while they stopped after starting spironolactone. No urges toward anyone gave me the greatest feeling of peace. I enjoy being a houseplant, dammit.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This thing - damn I love this bike...

[​IMG]

Gave it a good wash earlier today and as soon as I was finished the first thing I wanted to do was ride it somewhere. A quick(ish) 60 mile round trip to blow away the cobwebs was just what I needed.

20. adidan

Had a few nights away with the lovely lady in a shepherds hut that had a window in the roof for star gazing.

Came back to find that my tenant, who was late paying for the second time in three months, had paid (luckily I managed to not stress about it while away).

Arboreal and Vault-Tec like this.