1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

IanW likes this.
  2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If I was changing the whole set out I'd go with a static colour, but I'm a tart and I like the rainbow wave pattern for the rest of the keys.

Although I did start with 6 greens, and after a whole day I'm up to 15, it might not be be long before they're all changed at this rate

Edit: make that 19

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If you went for the green ones certain colours will leave you boss eyed.

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It's not too bad, aside from the red all other colours shine through as a greenish whiteish colour.
    And I tend not to look at the keys when I'm playing or typing unless I've had a few shandies.

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

A few 8TB Toshiba N300 NAS drives - Amazon warehouse 20% off
    Just over £100 for Used - Like New and the first to arrive was unopened. I've generally done well from Amazon warehouse for hard drives and I've been thinking about replacing the 4TB drives I have so it's working out well.

IanW likes this.
  6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

OK, so after a whole day.

After coming from a Dyson AM06, which always looked bloody good / interesting, the design of this is uninspiring / dull / frumpy etc. although I do like the remote.

But its design failings pale in comparison to its function, she fair old blows the wind about like a good un, and more importantly it is bloody quiet, which for me is paramount as it sits less than 6' from my ear.

So 2 thumbs up from me and I can see a 1056 or 2 in my future.

Byron C and kenco_uk like this.
  7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Sold! One in my basket now :thumb:

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The 1056 is literally the best fan I've ever bought. They're pricey, but I'm going to get the "pedestal" version to replace the bedroom fan that's dying.

Like you said the looks are somewhat utilitarian, but the performance more than makes up for it.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Got the refund through from the Keychron k4 I returned, but seeing as how I'm meant to be saving for a new boiler, I only spent a little to try and revive my ancient quickfire XT. Got some heavier springs, some dampeners to give them ago, and a set of caps
    [​IMG]

10. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Got 4 so far. That should be enough...

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've never seen a Founders Edition card with my own bare eyes, let alone owned one. After carefully taking the lid off I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the quality of it. It's a bit of a work of art, I have to say.
    It really was a case of being in the right place at the right time, I still can't believe I managed it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A happy chap indeed!

I'm pretty sure you're aware of signing up to Partsalert through Telegram so I feel it's a bit like how to boil an egg, but the alerts on there were far and away faster than Discord. I'd never heard of it prior, I read it on here of someone using it (I forget who, but big props). I missed out on a couple, but managed to somehow manage it on the third attempt.

edit: This is bananas. I was averaging about 54fps in Forza Horizon 4 at 4k with everything up to the maximum it could go. I was expecting some improvement, it goes without saying, but 'flipping heck'. This is getting on for double the performance, averaging 90fps. I sat through the benchmark just slack-jawed watching the fps in the corner. Of all the graphics cards I've had over the years, my word this is just amazing!

Last edited: 7 Apr 2022
    SuperHans123, Pete J, IanW and 5 others like this.
  12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Gratz!!

I gotta say, other cards pale in comparison to the FE cards, as far as quality of construction is concerned - they are absolutely bomb-proof. I tried to grab one of the 3070Tis for my son, but the transaction was declined because I bought the 3090 from them, a year ago! Can't believe they're still operating a blacklist for previous customers.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This:

upload_2022-4-7_20-40-30.png

Or, I guess, the left half of this. Three-bed semi, one of which is an attic room accessed by rickety ladder already claimed by my eldest, with a MAHOOSIVE 8x4m insulated outbuilding with electrics and a sink and that's going to be my new office. Middle of Thorton Village right near the wife's friends, and a literal minute-and-a-half walk down a ginnel and across a single road to the kids' school.

There's still room for it all to fall down, of course, but in theory the offer's been accepted and I'm sat 'ere with a decision in principle, so...

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

15. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Heavy metal :rock:

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Knew that had to be somewhere yorkshire bound the moment I laid my eyes on it. My grandma and grandpa lived in brighouse when I was young and the stonework and architecture from round there is unmistakable.

Byron C and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

That's a good looking house, here's to a smooth and easy purchase :thumb:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

This arrived today:
    [​IMG]

...which takes me from this:
    [​IMG]

...to this:
    [​IMG]

Much happy!

Byron C, IanW, kenco_uk and 1 other person like this.
  19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I did the same when I got my 3080FE

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

MC2ISO, disc drive dead PS2 slim, and some sundries. Like a FreeMcBoot memory card. That'll probably get used to make a second FreeMcBoot card

Shhh. There's not going to be a lounge PS2, I swear.

Byron C likes this.