1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro cracks on res.

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by b1g-d0g, 4 Apr 2022.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

[​IMG]

If you look at the four pump screw holes three have micro cracks on them, this happened just as I started to tighing down the screws in the criss cross method, should I rma or am I wasting my time.
    Thanks.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

They'll call it user error but give it a go anyway. If you get the decent one in CS you might get lucky.

Delrin ones are less prone to cracking

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Yeh but they like to refuse on any excuse.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Is this the surface on the underside? That's weird for it to crack off only the first turn of thread. Are you using really short screws?
    It may be possible to hit this with solvent and make the cracks re-fuse to the material. You will damage the threads and have to re-tap if you get too much solvent in there, though.
    Definitely over tightened. Once the pump touches the plexi, you are done.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I doubt you'd get a refund or replacement. Tbh it'll probably be fine. You should see my dual bay res, looks like crazy paving yet still holds water, fittings and pumps just fine.

6. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Just the surface, built the loop and no leaks at all but my dcc is to powerful for the res as its got no rpm control and the water just foams up, I'll probably sell it cheap as I've gone back to aio.
    Used the dcc screws supplied as well I've had a few Plexi res and this is the first one to do this.