1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Both my parents have the Covids, they're vaccinated and neither has gotten overly sick, so nothing overly concerning. But I'm now babysitter to two miserable retirees.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Is there any other kind?

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

People have been riding that bandwagon since Andrew Wakefield.

4. RedFlames

People have been riding that bandwagon for as long as there's been vaccines...

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

True. But the modern "antivaxx" movement and its proponents can be traced directly back to Andrew Wakefield and his fraudulent "work". He's still a hugely prominent figure in the antivaxx community.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

And then you get things like this hepatitis outbreak and they scream at doctors to do something. Really ****ing winds me up all that malarkey.

In closer news, dodgy tooth got removed this afternoon. Bled for an age, just stopped in time for a visit. Now just sore and throbbing. I'm very hungry. Don't particularly want to eat anything for a good couple of hours just in case. Have spaghetti hoops with sausages at the ready though.

8. RedFlames

Liquid not-quite-lunch it is then.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Chicken soup.

You need chicken soup.

The_Crapman and Arboreal like this.
  10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Andrew Wakefield.... He should have been hanged, drawn and quartered.
    Our son was born at the end of 2000, in the middle of the mayhem over MMR and its possible side effects.
    We went with it in the end, having done a lot of research including discussions with friends who are medics and a friend's brother with the CDC in the USA.
    There seemed to be no peer reviewed negative data worldwide when we looked closely.

Some friends paid for triple jabs in london for their kids and how many received no jabs?

It was a worrying time started by a dishonest doctor in someone else's pocket.

He has a LOT to answer for still.

Good luck Crappy

Byron C, The_Crapman and Isitari like this.
  11. RedFlames

As does the Lancet for printing the **** in the first place [even if they later, belatedly, begrudgingly, retracted it].

Arboreal and The_Crapman like this.
  12. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Codeine barely touches these muscle pains, far worse than during my first rodeo with this covid crap :waah:

13. The_Crapman

I'm more of a cream of tomato mam myself. Spag and saus has now been scoffed (carefully) along with a couple of slices of bread.

14. adidan

Me too to be fair but when I ever had any sort of ailment chicken soup and lucozade seemed to be the answer. To everything :lol:

Spag and sausages sounds far better. Mmmm sausages, now I'm hungry just before bed.

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I ate crumpets with cream cheese.

16. The_Crapman

Probably looked like the gunk that gets expunged from my pores (vom) :hehe:

17. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I volunteer as the zoning chair for my neighborhood's registered community organization. We're currently opposing zoning variances for a giant 65' tall apartment building proposed to be built directly behind a bunch of 100 year old modest, but lovely Victorian homes.

I've been trying to hand the reigns over to other people more. It's an unpaid volunteer position and it's a ton of work, but lots of people can be unreliable and that sucks. Recently, we've been trying to expand our committees and create action groups to get more done.

This woman took it as an opportunity to hijack the email conversation, to try and take over everything and make a bunch of bonkers suggestions for how we should be doing things differently. I had to dress her down and tell her why everything she said in her emails was incorrect and inappropriate. I take no pleasure in it and truly hate doing it.

The major issue is that if I don't invite others, they feel excluded and like we operate behind closed doors except once a month at our general membership meeting. But if I open the doors and try to let everyone in, then the crazies make it impossible for anything to get done and other volunteers give up or run away. In this case, I'm trying to deal with crazy in the hopes that others will stay and I can have more help.

Pete J likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Very rarely do I genuinely wish people ill, but after all the harm he's caused Andrew Wakefield can die in a fire.

Pete J likes this.
  19. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Left the house and closed the door behind me with the key still in the lock on the inside.
    Went to the neighbour's house round the back, jumped the wall, garden door is also locked.
    Called a locksmith who fortunately was in the neighbourhood but had to put my Dutch to the test.
    70 euros later I'm back in the house and thinking of the saying locks are there only to keep honest people out (or something to that effect).

20. adidan

You need to get your key on a neckchain.