1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. It's taken a long while for me to even want to play Mass Effect again, but I've been meaning to get around to the Legendary Edition for a while now. I finished ME1 last night and not long started ME2.

I didn't change any of the difficulty settings, but ME1 felt like a total roflstomp compared to what I remember. I ended up with literally millions of credits, and the only challenge with getting good gear is becase the gods of the RNG are fickle and frequently changed the inventory of the Alliance requisition officer. By the end of the game I could take out half a dozen high-level Geth without even a hint of the assault rifle needing a cooldown. The final boss didn't even get through my shields...

But. The cinematics are great, I really enjoy the story, and there are some genuinely funny moments if you choose renegade dialogue.

boiled_elephant, adidan and Pete J like this.
  2. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

7 days to die, Minecraft, and purchased Stranded Deep the other day but not managed to get into it it at the moment

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh my god... scanning planets in Mass Effect 2... What a horrible mechanic, good god I don't miss this! Really I wish I'd had on-the-fly DPI adjustments back when I first played this, it makes this mini-game so much easier!

Pete J likes this.
  4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That was the one part of the game that made me fire up a save editor and a guide to what planets had points of interest on them.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's made a lot easier by ignoring anything that isn't rated "Good" or "Rich", and being able to adjust DPI settings on the fly. When I first played ME2, I would grind out every single scrap from every single planet. Nah, nah mate, balls to that!

But still... Terrible mechanic...

Pete J likes this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Same here. Once I cottoned onto the fact that there are plenty of resources and you only need to go after the big/obvious stuff, it became wayyy less of a hassle.

7. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Planet Crafter would highly recommend for a stress free game

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

So...officially I'm not autistic, but on the other hand, I actually really enjoyed the planet scanning. I'm not sure what it all means. Maybe I'm just a common or garden variety nerd, but I found it really satisfying, especially when it all added up to the ship & crew being OP by the final chapter of the game. It was like going into an exam having massively overprepared.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

It dawned on me just a minute ago, that I have not played WoW for almost 14 months and, I don't miss it.

DeanSUNIAIU and boiled_elephant like this.
  10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've just finished Uncharted Lost Legacy tarted up for the PS5, and thoroughly enjoyed the journey with some really stunning setpieces.

keef247 likes this.
  11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Some goodbad news for you from a former WoW addict: the longer you go without playing it, the more impossible it is to ever go back. I tried recently after years away, and the nostalgia is mingled with disappointment at how much has changed, and sadness at how futile it is to try to recapture what made WoW special - typically for an MMO, it was the social climate in which we first played it, more than the game itself. Going back to it just drives home how much my social circumstances have changed. As with revisiting your old school as an adult, the more time passes, the weirder and sadder it feels.

So if you want a last look at WoW at all, do it now, and not in 2-3-10 years time, and in 2-3-10 years time, don't try to go back. Don't even reinstall it. It's like visiting your old house in a zombie apocalypse: you're better off not seeing it and just keeping the memories intact.

Spanky likes this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I never really got into WoW, but I did play a LOT of Star Wars Galaxies back in the day and looking back on that now, I don't really miss the game so much (ok, the actual space stuff was pretty cool), but it was the community and general feel of everything that I do miss. I do miss some of the regulars in the guild and often wonder what happened to them, I think the only thing that I have left of that game now is the character name that I used that has become a bit more of a general username online. My name here is only different, because this one is a LOT older.

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Have to agree with you there.

Since the launch of the last expansion, I've just lost interest. I like to level by doing quests but, the main quest line is dull and boring, levelling by not doing it, is even more boring and tedious, with the complete lack of any differentiation between factions just making it worse. My old guild has reached the point where it is sleeping with the fishes, so the social aspect is gone as you noted. Add the ongoing oversimplification and, there is nothing left to make me want to play.

Having looked at what is coming in the new expansion, I think it is near certain I am done with WoW. From early 2007 until a few weeks after Rift released in 2011, I played every single day, except those where I was away from home.

Spanky likes this.
  14. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I went back at the launch of Classic ... I loved it , i really did. I levelled 3 characters ( Warr/Rogue/Hunter) .. and i loved it!! This is on the back of playing from 2004 > 2010 WOTLK . The excitement of TBCC ended quite quickly .. didnt enjoy it , didnt go back. As above i shall keep my very happy memories of WoW but i just cant go back.

Give me Rocket League anyday!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  15. Yıldırım Sertbaş

Yıldırım Sertbaş What's a Dremel?

I'm currently playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I finished ME1 and am now about 10 hours into ME2, and I'm surprised at how little I recall of these games outside of the main missions and characters. I never thought my memory was that bad!

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sniper Elite 5

Or, how I've been playing it, Whistle and Stab Elite 5

Pete J and Gunsmith like this.
  17. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Alien Isolation

keef247 likes this.
  18. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Trek to Yomi.

It's beautiful. Like playing a classic Samurai movie. I'm also terrible at it.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I just finished Stray. Absolutely beautiful game, I loved every moment of it.

keef247 and Hex like this.
  20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Is it correct that you can't fall or die or miss a jump?