1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Woohoo, got a surprise pay rise!!

We had our usual rise at the beginning of April of around the usual 2%, always nice to see but with the rise in inflation, not really up to much. Got told today that we are getting another one that, at least for me, amounts to another 3.5%. Still all below the inflation rates, but it is a nice gesture and still very much appreciated.

Pete J, IanW, DeadP1xels and 3 others like this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Got to speak to my coach today for my phase 2 deployment, finally figured out what district i'll be working in (its ****ing sweet as and easy to get to) and got an invite to head to my new station this sat to sit in on deployment briefing/shoot the **** with my new workmates as well as sort out lockers, comms, bwvs ano other assorted tech goodies.

oh and he gettin bigger now

[​IMG]

Isitari, Vault-Tec, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Tuvok doesn't look impressed

4. Almightyrastus

Is he ever? Can you tell?

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

During the pon farr, yes, very much so. :geek:

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  7. Almightyrastus

Ah yes, of course. Vulcan spicey time...

In other awesome news, got confirmation of my pay rise through and it appears that I shall be seeing it in this month's pay rather than next as I had thought. My wife has a rather large pay rise starting to pay out this month as well, AND, I found out that I won a little giveaway on IG for some fine leathery goodness from the good folks at Tale of Knives:

[​IMG]

Won the 3 items at the front, not the EDC slip at the back.

Everything is indeed coming up Milhouse.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Got our refund for the cancelled holiday.
    It took 20 minutes, of which 10 was talking about what we were thinking about doing instead, 5 was going through the invoice making sure we all agreed how much the refund was, 5 minutes double checking bank details. Nothing like the reams and ream of horror stories about refused payments, arbitrary fees or unusable vouchers that seem to be everywhere.
    Thank goodness for that.

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Booked the first holiday on Corfu since 2019. This is like a second home, so I can't bloody wait to get there again!

Added bonus, we will have a second wedding (this time with friends present) ceremony/party there probably next year, so we can finally sit down with our friends and plan this thing. It was kinda cool to stream our wedding ceremony live on YouTube, but no people or party at all was a bummer.

MLyons and Pete J like this.
  10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Somebody is royally on my side today...

Monitor arrived on Thursday, a day earlier than expected, its in absolutely amazing condition for what I paid. I expected some marks on it as it was described as "heavy use" came with no cable so ordered one from amazon which was due to arrive Friday. Got that and tested it last night, works absolutely perfectly no issues. Really quite chuffed with it. Doesn't feel like a downgrade at all and to top it off work will be now paying for it as its for work use anyway! :clap: so my contribution was £20 postage and a monitor cable.

Came down this morning, son had his lego out on the desk playing away quite happily. :happy: Came into the room 5 minutes later and I could see what appeared to be a deep scratch maybe 40cm long from top left to bottom right on the screen, a mark maybe consistent with a sharp corner piece of lego... :eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek: light rub with my finger in disbelief and of course it was not budging. :waah::waah::waah::waah: could feel edging to it so immediately felt much worse. I had worried about this happening with the G9 or something being thrown unintentionally (which somewhat influenced its sale)

My heart literally sank, couldn't quite believe it. walked to the kitchen thinking if a "monitor buffer" was an actual profession and what I would do if this was not coming off..

Quick spray and polish and it vanished before my eyes.. :jawdrop::jawdrop: I have absolutely no idea what it was but it looked 100% like a scratch and I can't quite fathom how it go there....

PHEW! :grin:

Pete J likes this.
  11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Finally getting pain control for everything. Permanent pain control, not a script here or there.

12. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

In the eyes of the NHS, it’s pain management. And whatever you’re given initially, WILL be reduced as a matter of course.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Alabama has the NHS now?

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Ahhhh, Ninja'd by the esteemed @mrlongbeard

Not necessarily, @KayinBlack is over the pond in deepset Alabama IIRC

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I have a specific pain doctor and have been told I will be in a wheelchair soon. My pain comes both from my genetic condition as well as multiple injuries and a botched epidural. I cannot improve so my dose will not go down, but it can definitely go up.

Just so you understand the level we're working with, it's the equivalent of <30mg of morphine a day, just in continuous patch form. It's basically close to the last line they have to work with. I'll be getting trigger point injections as well. I'm to that point.

Byron C and DeanSUNIAIU like this.
  17. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

@Gunsmith Where do you get your Gundam's? My boy is after some £250 Perfect Grade something or other.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Hlj.com. prepare your anus for shipping/customs tho

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Thank you. He wants the PG Unleashed RX-78-2 Gundam, only £180.

20. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

The nostalgia hit... :clap::clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3Ghz), 2GB DDR2 PC6400 & a 7950GX2

Was originally planning to run a E8400 overclocked and dual Quadro FX4500 (GTX 7800 512) but my XFX 780i SLI board is apparently toast.. :(

All brought about by De8aurs latest video(s).

Unlike his video I don't have unlimited funds to track down exactly what I had back in the day (DFI Lanparty 4 SLI, OC'd 4000+ & dual OC'd Gainward 7800GTX all housed in a XaserIII case from Thermaltake). The above is as close as I can get with the hardware on hand. CPU is technically quicker but the only working AM2 board I have doesn't support any form of overclocking.

I think the next match up will be getting my Asrock Dual VSATA back on the test bench. 6800 Ultra vs X850XTPE time.... :D:D

Pete J and Byron C like this.