1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Like you know nothing about knives, but the that second one down is my favourite. Brusletto Norron? Didn't realise knives were so spendy!

David likes this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Crossing my fingers that the house purchase doesn't fall through, 'cos after being re-bitten by the shootin' bug I've picked up a couple of new toys that would go well with a 10m range in the garden...

upload_2022-6-1_15-5-0.png

Crosman 1077 Freestyle. Lightweight(ish) CO2 rifle with the power of a pistol (well, at 6.5ft/lbs it's a little over) and a 12-shot rotary clip. Claims to be "semi-automatic," but it ain't really: it's double-action, rotating the cylinder as you pull then firing. Makes for a heavy trigger, sadly, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad 'cos I'm planning to get the kids having a go.

No, it's nowhere near as posh as my existing Air Arms S410 or Weihrauch HW97K Blackline... but 12ft/lbs on a 10m range is probably a little excessive.

Then...

upload_2022-6-1_15-9-23.png

I have no justification for this one. I just wanted a cyberpunky gun. It's an Umarex break-barrel pistol (5.5ft/lbs) disguised as a H&K MP7 SD but missing the foregrip and magazine. There's a "working" fire select switch, but only in as much as it moves; the actual safety is a separate cross-bolt affair. Which, if you ask me, is a bit concerning: it means the thing will happily fire when the fire select switch is on the very visible "no-bang" safe mode...

The "silencer" is fake, too: the barrel runs right to the end, it's just a plastic cocking aid (snigger). Stock's adjustable, though, so if the kids can't get on with the 1077 this could be a half-decent alternative.

LennyRhys and ElThomsono like this.
  3. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

That does look awesome indeed, as do most HK firearms though. The "silencer" really does give it a futuristic look.

Well, that rack was a few hours from being mine and the guys wife sold it out from under both him and myself! Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I actually have in my possession now an APC enclosed 24U adjustable rack, absolute cherry of a unit.

[​IMG]

Planning on rehoming a Dell T630 converted to a 5U rackmount to home, so this will be very critical in that effort. There's a lot of stuff stacked on top of my 12U rack anyways.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2022
    Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Nice one, Ben. I couldn't find info on the others - and that one in particular, cos it's probably my favourite out of the set; maybe a close run with the Renaissance though (middle).

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Yeah, it's had me before

David likes this.
  6. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

new mini ITX case, huh.

7. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I keep getting that from the picture, without any scale it certainly doesn't read like something that barely fits in a vehicle and cannot be lifted by one person.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Couple of random items today.

A tall, self-inflating airbed (It has a built-in mains-powered air pump)
    A folding "Festival cart"

9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

How odd, I've not thought about shooting in years but for the last couple of days I've been toying with buying the Crosman 1077, or perhaps something similar with a better repeating mechanism?

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At the cheapo end, they're all double-action. There's the Ruger 10/22, which is normally double-action but has a charging handle you can pull to switch to single-action mode - but it's £50-60 more than the synthetic variants of the 1077 and apparently the trigger's crap even in single-action mode.

If you don't mind tacticool, there's the Sig Sauer MPX and MCX range - 30-round weird belt-fed mag thing and proper semi-auto operation [EDIT: or maybe it's just really good double-action, I'm not actually sure to be honest.]. But they're north of £300, and spare magazines are £50 a pop(!).

There's also the Sig Sauer MCX Virtus, which is basically the same thing but a full 11ft/lbs PCP instead of a 6ft/lbs CO2.

Apparently there's also a conversion kit to turn an MCX/MPX CO2 into a PCP. Dunno if it increases the power at all, though.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I would not want to see what an air rifle on angel dust would do :eeek:

LennyRhys and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

If you want a true semi auto pistol that is accurate enough to do target work then see if you can find a Drulov Du-10. 5 shot semi automatic CO2 but can be converted to high pressure air.

Gotta be careful setting it up though, get the trigger wrong and it'll dump all 5 shots in a fraction of a second. Only really good for right hand too due to the anatomical walnut grips. Such a nice pistol to shoot once you get it set right.

[​IMG]

LennyRhys likes this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Make sure you have a contingency plan if this is being used at an actual festival. We took one once and the wheel fell off it on the way from the car to the campsite, which was the opposite of useful.

IanW likes this.
  14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Nice, not a gun or shooting person except in video games.

In regards your house buying good luck, it can be frustrating just waiting for things to happen. I deal with clients daily who just want to know whats going on. In some instances it can be a slow process. Depends on if there is a chain, not to mention local authority can take ages to return their searches.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Chain-free on both sides, thankfully. Annoyingly, though, we got the contents list and deed sent across to us by post... on the day we left for a holiday. That we'd told the solicitor about. Three times. Over the phone and by writing. Asking that any documentation sent during that period should be emailed, so we can still respond.

Added about 11 days to the process, that!

In happier news, got confirmation from Pellpax that Her Maj isn't going to mess up delivery of my new shinies: scheduled for Saturday.

The Steyer LP50 is a lot easier to find, and it's PCP already so there's no conversion required. Also available in Compact variant, and left-handed versions of both (that Pellpax doesn't seem to stock, for some reason.)

Shame it's two grand, really...

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The company i work for does everything it can digitally, email or a web portal. I have had to scan 40-50 year old documents sent in by clients which is fun when they are worn and faded.

Glad it's chain free no headaches there.

17. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I had a crossman 1077 yeeeeeeears ago. And got the walnut stock for it too. Had the “silencer” for it also, though it made jack $hit difference to the noise it made.

No power to them whatsoever, ok for plinking in the back garden, but don’t expect to get any decent groupings.

You can buy an adapter so you can use the bigger Co2 bottles if that tickles your fancy.

ElThomsono likes this.
  18. Gareth Halfacree

I mean, I used to get decent groupings with my HW45, and that's 5.5ft/lbs - the Crosman's 6.5ft/lbs. We're taking 10m ISSF here, not 25 yard stuff.

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I just wanna pop pop pop in the garden :hehe:

I actually looked at buying one today but there was some nonsense about not just posting guns any more and honestly I don't have time for this in my life right now :waah:

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That's why folk use Pellpax, their drivers are RFD's so can deliver

Arboreal and ElThomsono like this.