1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I don't have to pay for parking, but I do need to learn to drive asap. :hehe:

Byron C likes this.
  2. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Start lessons now, I did as soon as I was able just so I could avoid the scum shuttle.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Google has locked me out of my primary email account following a password reset - i get stuck in a "verify that its you" loop, with the only option being to receive a notification on my phone, which because it is logged out, wont display said notification.

It wont give me an option to use either my recovery email, or my mobile number.

Google help? says you have to follow the steps, and if you cant access it suggests that you create a new account - what a crock of sh*t.

I cant even post a question in the help community because i cant log in!

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I mean, I'm nearly 40 so it's not exactly been on the urgent pile :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I've just started myself at 38. I was advised by the instructor to book a test before our first lesson as the whole lot is backed up.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Kitty is going in to go under and get her teeth done.

From 8pm until 8am she has to be without food.

I shall get no sleep. Goodbye Friday sanity :lol:

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

OneLogin is down. Not going to be a productive day.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The last 8 days might just have been the worst of my life so far.
    So last week I took my mum out shopping. Leaving my grandmother (88, alzheimers, frail) in the care of my dad. We were gone two hours and yet we come back and she has a broken arm. Somehow he decided that letting her walk up the exposed stone steps into the house unsupervised acceptable. Over she went, proximal humerus fracture, 12 weeks of severe pain, for a lady with alzheimers who doesn’t understand what happened to her. Her care needs have gone from somebody being ‘around’ with her every day to 24/7 constant vigilance, no gaps, no exceptions. There is no safe time to turn around, in the time it took me to go for a piss she managed to yeet herself out of bed onto the floor where she lay screaming, because she needs both arms to get up and kept trying to move the broken one. We’ve managed to stop her trying to hurl herself into space every two hours, but she’s still in massive pain, she keeps screaming, keeps crying, keeps trying to move her arm and get out of bed whenever you look away. This might be the thing that kills her. I really don’t see how she’s going to cope with this for months when after a week she looks like death.

Mum’s in a state, she looks worse than I think I’ve ever seen her in my life. Grandma won’t let anyone else do the ‘sensitive’ stuff an immobilised person needs help doing. I’ve seen people in field hospitals who had less of a thousand yard stare. She keeps lashing out at people over the slightest setback, which is making things even worse. This leaves me playing referee, I feel like I’m about to puke all the time, the amount of stress is just absurd. I think I got 3 hours of sleep last Friday night on the kitchen floor. On the plus side I get to go to work, which is now my daily time off. Fell asleep at work twice last week but I only cried the once, so I must be doing ok.

This whole mess is my fault. I know my father is a selfish idiot, a man who can’t be trusted. I even had a bad feeling when I went off with Mum, an instinct that I shouldn’t go. But like a ****ing moron I dismissed it, shook it off. Should have trusted my guts more. So yeah, FML.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Hay fever, holy **** I feel like my face is about to explode

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Harrowing, utterly. Of course you're not to blame, but.

mi1ez likes this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It's not your fault other people act like ****. Please stop blaming yourself.

Won't get rid of the stress, but at least it'll clear your mind and conscience. Once you accept the fact it's not you, it's them, that is.

mi1ez likes this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

A minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but still...

I currently pay £28 (was £21, but I'm out of contract now) a month for telephone line rental and 75/20 broadband with BT. I was also in the queue for a new fibre outfit currently setting up in the area, which was going to give me 900/900 for an affordable price, six months free, month-to-month contract. Noice!

But now I'm moving.

The new house, apparently, does not have Openreach FTTC. Best BT could do for me would be 5/1 for £31 a month. So... no.

It is hooked up to Virgin, but everything below their M200 level has slower upstream than I currently have, which given my job is a no-go. So, best I can do is £34 a month on an 18-month contract with a £35 setup fee. ("Setup fee" - pah. It's already set up, the current owner has Virgin - and you do the in-house setup yourself unless you pay another £30 for a technician!)

But that newcomer FTTP outfit is building out that area too! Moving means I lose my place in the pre-order queue and can't get the original offer any more, but I could get the same 900/900 with four months free on an 18-month contract. Which would be fine, sure, let's do that.

Except it's not available yet, is it? Lighting up in "weeks," they say, but they also said it'd be live at my current address in April and it's now June.

So, assuming I want Shiny Fast FTTP (though, to be honest, I'd probably go 500/500 to save some cash), I'd need to use Virgin's 30-day rolling contract - to minimise overlap. Which is £50 a month instead of £34, has the same £35 setup fee, and a £45 "rolling contract fee"(!)

What a pain.

14. oscy

oscy Modder

Twerky girl that gets me random presents / food, and followed me to my new job a few months ago, is already leaving to do a more degree-related job.

Salute for twerky girl who feeds me, God speed.

I'm sure my girlfriend will be disconsolate.

15. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Don't worry, you'll find another twerky girl one day.

16. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

5G router and an unlimited data plan not an option?

17. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup if you get three in the area you can use smarty on a rolling monthly contract which is unlimited for 16/month and there's cashback available too.

Some one might have a 5G router in the for sale section on this site ....ok it's me :D

In addition I could refer you to Virgin that'd get us both £50, 60 days after you signup, might take some of the sting out.

If you buy the cheapest O2 sim once with virgin they'll up your broadband package, I bought a 6 quid a month sim to get me the 1Gb upgrade, still upload is only 52Mb, I get more on 5G. I use both 5G and VM together for more, no FTTP though :(

Last edited: 12 Jun 2022
  18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's possible - I need to check how good the signal is once we've got the keys.
    Not sure if that works for rolling contracts, but if it does and that's the way I go I'll drop you a line!

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

No worries if it doesn't work it's not like I loose anything so no problem for me but yup, I'd imagine it's for full contracts.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2022
  20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Getting all of this crap out from behind my bloody telly.

[​IMG]