1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That's impressive. A friend of mine once had to sell a car at well under market value because a bottle of fish sauce broke in the boot once - nothing could get the smell out. He could have used this information then.

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That's good to know, I had money on it not doing diddly, but I'll squirrel this info away should the need ever arise.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I was figuring it'd do nowt at best and maybe make it smell like a swimming pool someone's been putting fags out in at worst. Instead... neutral. There's just no scent there at all. It's like a sensory deprivation chamber for your nose. Least smelly room of the house, now, and I'm tempted to see what it can do elsewhere too - I think the dog used to sleep in the conservatory, for a start...

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

All that ozone's bad for the environment :miffed:

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So are the cleaning/de-smelling products I could be using instead. For that matter, so's the stuff that's making the smell. In the grand scheme of things, 20g (assuming the thing's claim of 10g per hour is true, which I really doubt) of ozone's nowt.

Plus, like I say, it's only 20g of ozone for about four hours - then it's... probably 13.3-recurring grammes of oxygen and a bunch of something-oxide byproducts.

6. Mister_Tad

Anyway - ozone = good though, right? In the upper atmosphere anyway. It's the lack of ozone that is the environmental issue.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Lol, it was intended as a joke; I figured it would fly up and plug the hole in the ozone layer.

Now I'm reading up about it when really I should be working.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  8. Mister_Tad

Nah, it's heavier than air. You would have to take a trip to the upper atmosphere and drop it off, which would probably defeat the purpose.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Hah! Aye, turns out that ozone high up is good shizzle, ozone down where we breathe it is just shizzle. But it's SUPER reactive - which is, y'know, why it's really bad to breathe it - so it goes away pretty quickly. Hence the whole hole thing.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

More Lego:-
    [​IMG]

And I've been having trouble with the Star Destroyer's stand falling apart as I move the whole thing to & from my build table.
    This should fix it (A 48x48 base plate):-
    [​IMG]

Vault-Tec and Pete J like this.
  11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I will have the chicken arabiata

stonedsurd, Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Did you dry these trays in a rainforest?

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

So my audi hit something on a dual carriageway under the car and ripped off the under trays. Thankfully only the plastic trays were damaged nothing important.
    Lost the gear box tray entirely but the engine tray seems to be ok.

So this is stuff im getting to fix it myself. And Audi OEM tray on its down is £200 for a bit of plastic so i just got a replica for £30 instead.

Got these bits long with a mix of the body work screws and clips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SuperHans123 likes this.
  14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Just spent ~400 GBP on a fecking visa (thanks BoJo!)
    The rest of the trip is gonna cost a couple of organs, but by god I need this after two years of the pandemic.

Looking forward to my airshows, my ales, and some good red meat.

Pete J, Byron C, The_Crapman and 2 others like this.
  15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

oh forgot im fixing the door hinge as well. new hinge painted and fitted is almost £300! so i'm going to just adjust the current ones. Previous owner was a large gent that must of put all his weight on the door getting in and out.

tiny good quality ratchet to get into the door hinge area and some Sabercut torx bits.
    [​IMG]

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Alienware mouse is dead. Left button has totally gone. It's amazing how much crap that can cause. Like my bank froze my online account because it was suspicious, and Ebay changed my password twice. I suppose the double/more clicking really messes up certain things. Typical friggin sod's law I am still in the "GPU sore bum" period and had 0 cash. And, as the law of sod would dictate I had no spare mice *at all* because I sent them all down to Gary to keep his LAN nights going. The "nice spare" was given to my brother when I loaned him the ITX Alienware (long term loan, give it back when it's dead) and my 25" 240hz TN gaming monitor (also Alienware).

So I've been putting up with this crap for nearly two weeks. Now yeah, I could have dipped into my savings and bought a new mouse but that wasn't the point. The point was not to be behind, and I only had a week to go. By this time I totally forgot I had sold some ITX stuff to @Arboreal which he will be collecting soon. So he paid me, yay !

Now I could have sworn I remembered someone releasing mice with hot swap mouse buttons. Turns out it was Asus. Did a search with +cheapest attached, et voila.

[​IMG]

And then of course for the obligatory "lifetime warranty"

[​IMG]

I haven't taken the Alienware apart yet. I was worried that with it being pretty complex (it's wireless so it has a battery and ETC) I would bust it and have absolutely nothing in the interim. However, once that new one arrives? I will take it apart. Hopefully those are the switches it needs, and a bit of soldering could repair that also. We'll see. Either way now that I actually game all of the actual time I am not down with paying for superfluous crap I don't use. I am pretty darn confident that spamming the left click for the last two years solid on DMRs in PUBG is what has knackered out that button. Well, that combined with about 8 hours of use a day. However recently (oo about 6 months ago) I bought a Razer Viper mini for about £18. And, it is bloody super. Small, light, and perfect for Esports. Which kinda had me questioning WTF was the point in really expensive mice. Especially when they all have the same Achilles heel, general wear and tear and the same sort of common failures like switches.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Twin-pack of Zigbee-compatible smart plugs:

[​IMG]

Because I'm lazy.

USB Zigbee dongle:

[​IMG]

I'm pondering a move from Hue to Home Assistant to have more device compatibility, so going all in on Zigbee right now.

Blinkenlight strip - also Zigbee-enabled, of course:

[​IMG]

Big ol' chonk of a power strip:

[​IMG]

Because my office room has two - FREAKIN' TWO - power sockets and that's really not a lot. I need a bit more juice than that

Cable management boxy thingy:

[​IMG]

You can never have too much cable management, it's un-possible.

HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF (i5-4590, 8GB RAM, mechanical turd for a HDD):

[​IMG]

Gonna pop a second NIC in here and use this as my router going forward - the router lives in my OH's office and a rackmount box is getting somewhat inconvenient in that teeny little room...

Couple o' DE15 HD (aka VGA to me and you) connectors, both male and female:

[​IMG]

Gonna butcher me some SCART cables to see if I can use my VGA splitter box with cables wired for SCART signalling

DiagROM 1.2.1 for Amiga 600:

[​IMG]

Bound to be handy at some point

Kickstart 3.1 ROM for Amiga 600:

[​IMG]

Really need to get the A600 up to scratch and my crusty old version of Kickstart/Workbench won't cut it any more

Bazz likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oops. I feel a bit bad now tbh. After cursing Dell and Omron I now realise it was actually me who F-ed the mouse. God only knows how, tho. Out of sheer fluke I found my extremely manky Razer Boomslang 2007 CE. It's battered, but it works. So I decided to see about taking the Dell mouse apart.

[​IMG]

Eyewww hand shandy *boak*. Any way, further investigation after removing 6 ribbon connectors for the RGB, battery ETC revealed this.

[​IMG]

So something has gone in there. God knows what, as my drink is on the complete opposite side of the desk but yeah, something has gone in there. And it was under the PCB on the left button too. Look at the 3 pins on the right.

[​IMG]

I don't have my isoprop here but it needs a ruddy good cleaning. What I did do was remove the Omrons.

[​IMG]

And treat myself to two more buys. Number one is this.

[​IMG]

Because I absolutely ripped hair out over that amp I repaired 3 years back. It's very good apparently, and I don't want to spend more than the mouse cost on a proper moo cow one. I then bought these for £8, as unlike the Asus these are soldered in so I decided to upgrade it.

[​IMG]

So hopefully I can get it back to 100%.

Arboreal likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Other half just got a long-awaited email, so we've plonked down the order for our Steam Deck - 512gb model

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IanW, BeauchN, The_Crapman and 3 others like this.
  20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Tap
    [​IMG]

25 of these sexy beasts
    [​IMG]

Hadn't been able to find a gas plumber with availability before the kitchen arrives, but this afternoon the kitchen people emailed to say the preliminary delivery date had been moved somewhat to the 15th August, so the slightly odd guy who could all of a sudden do it next week when I mentioned the C word can jog on.

Byron C and adidan like this.