1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sky network usage

Discussion in 'Software' started by CrapBag, 28 Jun 2022.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Is there anyway I check the network usage for individual users on my sky hub?

With electricity costs the way they are I'd like to keep a check on things, mainly my son's usage as plain and simply I just can't afford it.

I don't like to be sneaky but I feel he's pulling the wool over my eyes deliberately.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

What’s the issue? You want to track data usage to tell electric costs?

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

He has an alloted amount of hours he can go on his pc daily and I just want to make sure he's keeping to that agreement.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The proper answer: look into SNMP traps.

The easiest answer: assuming the PC is suspended/off outside his allotted hours (which, given you're talking about saving energy, it should be) just ping it. If you get a response, it's switched on; if you don't, it's switched off (or he's unplugged the network cable and is playing a game offline, or has configured the PC to ignore ICMP ping packets...)

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Put parental controls on his account. The you can time and lock him at will.

adidan likes this.
  6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I had an electrician wire up each of my kids bedrooms to a separate ring which I can turn off at the fuse box. Put a lock on the fuse box, and now bedtime really is bedtime.