1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My precision-calibrated temperature monitoring device - a.k.a. the thermometer in my fan - tells me that it's 30C in my office room right now. I can't objectively measure the humidity, but my subjective measurement is: gross.

Hex and The_Crapman like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Samesies. 32°C 'ere right now.

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

and do we really need to wait until it's hot and humid ?

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Ditto on the temp, verified with a total immersion mercury thermometer, although the calibration ran out on it 5 years back.
    Rest of the house (excluding kitchen and 2 bathrooms) is sitting at 23, but then I have had the air con running all day, which ain't bad seeing as it's only a wee little thing.

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup my office is nice and cool, but chucked the missus up in the attic when WFH became a thing for everyone in the house permanently and she has to put up with this :D

[​IMG]

Need to sort proper cooling and heating up there, thinking a split AC heatpump thingy is the way forward.

I think most of the hardware in there has a max 40C ambient, so will probably need to do something sooner rather than later......

Last edited: 11 Jul 2022
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

See, why are questions like these not being answered?

Yup ours turns into a furnace, a couple of velux windows help a bit but it's still toasty. Oh and Baltic in the winter, have to use a mini dehumidifier to keep the condensation off them.

That was a pre-us-buying-it job though so kinda stuck with it I guess.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I live in NSW and can say that we get heat and humidity where I am, and it's brutal. When it hits 40 and the humidity is up, the shade, or even being inside, offers little respite.

Not that we have it as bas as some parts of the country though, we always laugh at Darwin's predictability. Almost every day through the whole of summer it's 40 and showers.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

21.4C this morning at the airport 10 miles from me.
    at FOUR! A! M! :eek:

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

At times like this I’m happy to be living on the southwest peninsula. Almost always cooler here during hot spells. Temperature indoors peaked at 26C yesterday evening.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

This was my work office yesterday as the Aircon is broke in our section of the office
    PXL_20220711_165611102.jpg

Then muggins here decides to go and leave his laptop on his desk, so now got to go into work rather than WFH. Luckily I caught the DPD man just down the road and asked him to chuck my parcel in the bin for safekeeping (I'm not carrying 3litres of coolant round). Hopefully the Amazon man follows suit.

Although I just remembered Mrs crap put loads of food that had gone off in the fridge on Sunday, due to spending the last 2 weeks looking after her aunt. That's gonna be a pretty ripe box when I get home :duh:

keef247 likes this.
  11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hey, at least your office has AC, working or not. We don't have it at all, aside from in the server room. The official reason why we can't have it is "someone might complain that they are cold"... and that is coming from the site manager.

Fair enough, I can see the cost issues, especially when there are more urgent things in need of facilities cash, such as the leaking roof, broken windows, completely shot double glazing units, knackered blinds, and so on. Never would have guessed that I work for a multi million pound international company would you? But hey, the coffee machine is now on free vend...

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not "ruining," but annoying: both of my Amazon Smart Fart Boxes Air Quality Monitors have stopped working. I mean, they seem to work, but Alexa just says they're not responding. Restarted everything, including the router, removed them and re-added them, factory reset them... nothing.

Boo-urns.

13. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Prime Day - stop tempting me Amazon - you evil jezebel of shiny goods.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

My mouse hand flat out refused to click the X in the top right corner. I had to Alt-F4 with my left while it was distracted.

Close call.

adidan and MadGinga like this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Went to the doc today. Have only put it off for 5 years.

20 minute exam confirmed I have arthritis in both knees. Xrays and scans next.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Join the club!

if you’re really lucky, you can have it in your ankles, hands and right wrist like me. The wrist problem is caused by old cycling injuries, honest!

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Damn car has a leaky turbo hose. Not life ending, but it can't be seen until week after next. In the meantime, fun with reduced fuel efficiency and bricking it every time I go up a moderately steep hill.

18. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

? - Split hose or just loose clamp ? Either I would of thought easily fixed by your good self - hell, you built a freakin' star destroyer didn't you ?

Pete J likes this.
  19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I caught Covid. After everything, Working through most of the pandemic in a supermarket. New job, Trip abroad, and it happens now? Urgh.

Sam

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's crap.

It's what's concerning me, first flight for years this year and it seems alot of people are picking it up traveling.

Did you mask up? We're planning to, speaking of which I need to find a reliable source to pick up some ffp2 masks.