1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You can die, but you can't miss a jump. It's not a difficult or complicated game by any means; there's no crafting, no endless resources to collect, no collectible guff, and it'll only take around 6hrs. But all of those are selling points in my book.

keef247 and Hex like this.
  2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I think they missed a trick not having lots of parkour elements being as it is a game about a cat.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Power Wash Simulator... I can't stop. It's on GamePass and the timing ended up being perfect, during the ridiculous heatwave I grabbed the Series S, sat in the coolest room of the house, put on a podcast or Big Jet TV, and washed everything from playgrounds and public loos to experimental jets :hehe:

They have the sounds down so well it was lovely hearing all that water (and not paying for it!) when I was boiling in my own skin. Now I can't stop playing it. It's just so satisfying seeing the colours appear from the murk. It's very, very good at "I'll just do a little bit more..." and the next thing you know it's been literal hours.

legoman, adidan and Byron C like this.
  4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Try a game that’s on Steam called House Flipper if you like that sort of thing.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

When is "Real Time Grass Growing Simulator" coming?

6. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Isn't that already out? Just called lawn mowing simulator.

Hex likes this.
  7. Mr_Mistoffelees

NOOOOO!!

8. Hex

It's on GamePass, so I might try it (I wouldn't have bought PWS), though I think I prefer the power-washing to the tidying up on House Flipper. It's simple, refined, and incredibly satisfying. I never get a chance IRL to finish anything, so it's nice to get some feeling of accomplishment somehow in my miserable little existence!

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think there needs to be an intervention.

This is a dire case.

Hex likes this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

11. Hex

Don't mock me before you've tried it! It's on GamePass :naughty:

He's not my favourite reviewer, but I've seen a few of you post his videos so, here you go:

This is also the only game I've ever played in my entire life where my parents got interested and stopped to watch it when I was playing it in my Dad's Study. They kept lingering at the door :hehe:

yodasarmpit, ElThomsono and legoman like this.
  12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Can confirm it is a good an relaxing game, if you say otherwise you clearly smell overwhelmingly of garlic an I shall fights you.

yuusou and Hex like this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

One Finger Death Punch 2.
    Surprisingly addictive and also surprisingly complex for a two-button game. Also massive - the map looks huuuuuge. Definitely worth it for one of those 15-minute ticklers or for where you just can't decide/have very little install space available (although bizarrely, it is 64-bit only).

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So apparently I only play anime gacha games now, and have been enjoying Tower of Fantasy during some covid-induced downtime.

https://www.toweroffantasy-global.com/

I'd call it a guilty pleasure, but at least it's not powerwash simulator.

Unknown whether I'll stick with it for the long term, but enjoying it a few days in. I'll probably stick with it casually for the story content and exploration whilst here's still story/exploration to be had and then pack it in if/when I hit a progression wall. I enjoy the endgame grind in between updates in Genshin, but regardless of how entertaining it is or not in ToF I just don't have the interest in keeping two on the go, and Genshin is just a better game overall and still unquestionably holding my interest two years on.

It's also possible that because I've been fortunate and ended up with an extremely meta roster through sheer luck early on, that I'm more into it, and I'll lose interest as the the game evolves.

It could use a bit of polish and a few kinks worked out, but mainly so far so good. I've never been at all interested in MMOs or multiplayer full stop, but a few of the aspects ToF mean that it's possible to entirely ignore the MMOness if I want to (which I do) apart from the odd few interesting co-op diversions that are co-op in that you're generally working as a team with randoms, but not so co-op that you have to actually interact with them. Which suits me perfectly.

It's possible this describes every MMORPG ever, and I've just largely ignored them until this point.

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hades
    Having enjoyed the soundtrack for quite a while and loved the artstyle, picked this up recently when it was on offer. Hasn't disappointed so far, not the kind of game I tend to be great at but really enjoying it so far, nice sense of progression and difficulty, and something I could play for a couple of hours or just if I have 15mins.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice
    More Shadow Tactics? Yes please, agree with some of the comments about the amount of content for the money but I picked it up when it was on sale and don't regret it. 3 more main missions with a couple of smaller ones to tie things together. Went through on normal and will replay on hard and to try and get some of the badges in the future, probably sometime after.....

Desperados III: Money for the Vultures
    Played the expansion for Desperados III when it came out, but after playing through Aiko's Choice decided to visit it again to try and get some of the badges, nice balance between the hectic action of Hades and the slower paced planning of this.

Really just making me excited for whenever Mimimi games come out with next, and tempting me to reinstall Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood...

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Since stopping playing WoW 18 months ago and, more recently deciding I am done with it for good, Sim City, Build it, on the iPad the last few days, is as good as it gets...

17. Mister_Tad

I was wondering about WoW. Given its nearly 20 years old, is it still current, regularly updated, busy etc? Or more of a case of a general decline with hold-outs remaining? These might seem like a given but as mentioned my MMO experience is limited at best.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

In my opinion, with the last expansion the ongoing simplification of the game, to satisfy the players who want everything NOW and with no effort, has gone too far. There isn't even any trace of any difference between the factions in the most recent expansion, not even Horde or Alliance bases. Added to which, once you have levelled one character to maximum, if you like to do it by questing as I do, levelling further characters is boring as there is a woeful lack of content. I'm done with it, after playing since just after the first expansion launched.

To answer your questions, it is often updated, it's tired and so busy that servers are now grouped so there appear to be more players and, a lot of players complain that their old guilds are dead. The one I was in for many years, now sleeps with the fishes.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2022
  19. Mister_Tad

This dichotomy with ongoing games always got me.

Critics:
    - "There's too much to do it takes too long to max out my account"
    The same critics who blast through content immediately on release:
    - "Once you do all the things to do there's nothing else to do other than wait for more things to do"

I can imagine for the devs its a nightmare trying to balance between casual players and those that second-life the game.

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

I think I was somewhere between those extremes, not a second-life for me but, I want some challenge. If a game is too easy, I get bored fast.