1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Elgato Stream Deck

[​IMG]

IanW likes this.
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Depends on perspective. Having more powerful output in a slimmer and lighter frame is a massive improvement. Its 14Kg less! Plus it is absoloutly gorgous to look at. The C1 is good, but if you view this next to it you see the difference. Plus I just got my £200 cash back in the post, so its 'only' £1600 :lol:

IanW likes this.
  3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Ah yes, that all important headline feature of a TV, the weight. LG is truly pushing the envelope in terms of screen technology.

Confirmation bias is truly a powerful drug :lol:

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Lol ironically my dad sent me this once i got it
    [​IMG]

There shall be no ground running sir, it shall be well looked after. Thats a nice variety of treats you have

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm pretty sure the 14kg difference will make some carbon footprint focussed people happy because it means ... something to them. I'm not hanging the TV on a wall (I don't mind cables behind a TV rack and I don't like cables down a wall), mainly because I am one of those weird people without a soundbar, using good stereo speakers with an amp. That means I didn't even save money because I could get away with a cheaper wallmount.

I also saw the C2 is thinner, and let me paraphrase Vincent from HDTVTest here: this is very important for those people who look at their telly a lot from the sides.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I haven't been bothered about a TVs weight since trying to dislocate my entire skeleton hulking my Sony Triniton.

Everything else since then has been like lifting a feather.

IanW, perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

As the recent owner of a 32" Trinitron CRT TV.... Yes, I agree, modern tellies are a piece of piss to move!

Although it still needs two of us to move the 65" TV we bought earlier this year since it's just too unwieldy and fragile to move on my own.

IanW and adidan like this.
  8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

If you have it on an extendable arm being lighter helps.

Also on the thinner side, the C2 is actually a great improvement, the stand is a good few inches less deep, it's a ridiculous stand on the older ones, spose its not all bad the PS5 can live behind the TV as that is the size of gap to wall the stand leaves :D but really for wall mounting the G2 is the one you want.

9. adidan

I mean I wish I'd kept it now obviously but at the time those things needed their own postcode and we didn't have the space to store it.

/Sadface

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It wasn't really all that long ago that we had a CRT as a "full time" TV. We first moved in together in 2008 and a friend donated a 22" (I think) CRT; I'd mod-chipped my OG Xbox and we were using that as an HTPC. We had that CRT for about three years before I finally got a high-def LCD... (That LCD, the Samsung LE40C580, lasted us a decade and it's still in use now at my mother's house)

11. adidan

Sort of a similar thing tbh except we're still rocking our full HD Samsung :rock:

It's still a great TV, I keep meaning to upgrade but, well, I've just not got around to it.

Edit: I think it'll be a 4k TV when they finally release a ps5 slim. Then it'll be trawling around looking for good 1080p upscaling TVs as I can't abide fuzziness

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Speaking as someone who took a 28" Panasonic Quintrix CRT up two awkward double-dogleg flights of stairs... it's not unimportant.

Paying someone to take the bugger down when I move, I ain't daft!

IanW and Byron C like this.
  13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I understand the benefits, they just don't apply to me at all. But marketing is a wonderful tool to get people to crave things because they offer benefits over something else these people neither have nor need. ;)

Last edited: 5 Aug 2022
    spolsh likes this.
  14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Because I have quite the death wish, a welder! Draper Storm Force® gasless MIG welder
    [​IMG]
    And because I'd like to have 2 free hands and keep my eye balls, a new mask
    [​IMG]

Hell yeh lightning and skulls! :rock:

And an apron
    [​IMG]

Debating if a steel welding table is really required. Alternatively it's a chunk of breakfast bar/worktop or the old workmate

Pete J, IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  15. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  16. adidan

I'm no expert mate but I think you'll need more than just an apron.

Unless your new YT channel is TheCheekyCheekyWelder

Pete J, Byron C, IanW and 3 others like this.
  17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That all depends on what you're welding.
    Are they large enough to get a decent earth clamp on, are you going to be welding long enough (what's the duty cycle of you welder) that may allow heat to damage the surface you're welding on and does what you're welding need to be true and or fixturing in place?

Answer them and you have your answer, for a hobbyist it might not be worth it

18. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Sadly, that was my first disgusting thought too.

adidan likes this.
  19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Having taken "custardy" of them, I now face the double-dipped challenge of keeping both myself and the kids out of arm's reach for as long as can be considered a reasonable ownership:ingestion time ratio. I may need to print a ration book. But then they do take up a lot of fridge space and if we were to need that space for important things like lettuce, they'd surely melt quickly in this heat...:worried:

You may take me on a test run to the shop to buy lettuce, in that case. Can I do the gears?

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's not anything thick, ~1mm steel sheet an 1-2mm thick 20mm box. That won't require that many amps so will have a fairly decent duty cycle, about 60%. Does need to be true though.