1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Trying to find a broom handle on Amazon, got some other things to order so is a good time to do so. Why can no sellers just give clear information about the size of the handle, i.e. length and thickness, e.g. one claimed to be 4 inches long, another, 12cm thick and 4.78m long! Others just vague or confusing. Why is it so difficult for some sellers to describe things clearly?

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

... And now I have this sketch playing in my head...

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Workmate passed at the weekend, cancer. Not sleeping great. Hate work. Have to get rid of our pet rabbit as my hayfever has reached the stage that my congestion is affecting my hearing. Been a fun few weeks.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Destiny 2 crashing to desktop after ~ 5 minutes of in game time despite running on the apparent hotfix driver (and the latest driver as well).

Every other game I have tested (including CP2077) is fine suggesting at least that the system is stable.

Going to try an older driver later this evening to see if that will work.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fasts installed at the new house!

...not *working*, but the boxes are there. Apparently someone's forgotten to do the far end of things, so I've to wait for a call in a couple of days saying there's a signal now.

The router's massive, and almost entirely empty by the feel of it. Probably ditch it for some mesh thing once I can confirm everything works.

IanW likes this.
  6. oscy

oscy Modder

After my outing his behaviour to the manager, and after coming into work a few half days, Sex Pest Asst Manager is now playing the mental health card and not coming into work this week.

So he's the victim for causing the issues, and for his victim speaking out.

Conveniently before his week's holiday.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

<phone automatically switches to 4G>....

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

stomach bug, feel like a human shaped squeezie bottle.

urgh

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Been having difficulty pooping with the broken ribs, having to be careful to concentrate efforts of the vital section only and not just 'abdomen squeeze'. Got the message that something was due, sit on bog for ages, gotta be careful, there it goes. Then pain. A different pain than usual, but not one that is unfamiliar. It's the feeling of insides trying to become outsides. It's the pain of a hernia.

I can't feel anything bulge when coughing though, so could be just a pulled muscle Maybe? which is practically the only reason I'm not street pizza now because I don't know if I can go through that again. So ****ing close to to getting out the other side. Can't be happening again. Please dear ****ing god no. Please. Anything. Give me a ****ing brain tumour, make my arm fall off ****ing anything but another ****ing hernia. Please.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It will hurt forever. I had my second one done when I was 15, still hurts now. Aches like a mofo. Especially if it is cold and damp.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Very different pain and sensation between post procedural and nerve damage pain, to the sensation that something is trying to go somewhere it doesn't belong. Was still getting pains for about an hour after I got back to my desk, but has since calmed down thankfully. I just have to hope it's some weird bowel movement shenanigans combined with a pulled muscle or something.

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Have a whisky, it won't cure you but it fails most agreeably.

perplekks45, adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Being checked for rheumatoid arthritis and having my inguinal hernia act up. It never ends.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Recently opened a new Farcebook account, just for contact with family. Received an email today, telling me my activity on the account did not meet their community standards so, the account is suspended. All I have done with the account is change some security settings, absolutely nothing else...

Got thirty days to challenge the decision. To be honest, I don't think I can be bothered, Meta can go f*ck themselves.

Pete J likes this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You didn't consume, you're out.

Does that really surprise you?

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

With the amount of ad blocking extensions that I run (including an FB specific one), I am surprised that I have not been flagged...

perplekks45 and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

If they said the account is suspended due to lack of use, that I could understand but, they are implying I have been doing something inappropriate with my account, when I have done nothing. Meta can do as I said earlier.

Edit: I tweeted Farcebook before I posted here. Got a number of replies and likes, nothing from FB though.

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The only inappropriate (to them) thing you did was not actively engaging in their marketing/ad campaigns, I guess. They call it social media these days, as far as I know.

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I had a facebook account where I didn't even log in for a couple of years before I removed it. And even then they only mark it as "due for removal" for 30 days in case you change your mind. I did not.
    There is no chance that it was removed due to lack of use, thats the opposite of what FB want.

Consider yourself fortunate though, Facebook is a miserable place.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

It certainly can be. I mostly use it for a couple of groups (EDC and model painting mostly) as well as keeping in touch with a few friends here and there. It has gotten a LOT more bearable though by the installation of the FBP (Fluff Busting Purity) extension for Chrome as that overrides a lot of the default settings such as showing top posts instead of chronological order. It also blocks all ads and other sponsored posts, including all those recent "you might be interested in" crap that has suddenly appeared all over FB and IG. I also have a banned word list for things like some game posts (looking at you specifically, Wordle...) so I filter out a lot of the crap before it gets to me.

MadGinga likes this.