1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Wiped from memory.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2022
  2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The above is correct, my relationship has ended. We were both fine. We are together as roommates until I can buy a camper and possibly somewhere to put it. It's actually not that bad.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

doing a session in the station gym before being stuck on a section 60 dispersal order (god i hate kids) for the town center. sore and battered I was literally asleep within 5 mins of walking through the door lastnight.

feeling it this morning.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Trying to get an assignment done and cloudflare doesn't wanna let me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look, I'm not doing this for my own gratification - I couldn't give a flying **** about blockchain technologies. The only practical use they've ever had is to make rich people richer, reduce the availability of GPUs, and pump thousands of tons of carbon into the atmosphere from all the elecricity usage. It's a solution in search of a problem - an incredibly elegant solution that's crytographically almost bullet-proof. But every problem it purports to solve can be solved by other more mundane solutions which are far easier to implement and don't require even a fraction of the compute power. But I need to access this API for an assignment, so give me a freakin' break, Cloudflare! :wallbash:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

old man called and asked me to get him one of those pensioner style bags with the stair wheels on as his hip is started to go out on him, seeing him with his walking stick struggling to walk while pushing it and using it as a brace was a harsh moment that this is no longer the man who used to carry me on his shoulders as a kid but a frail old man who is probably going to dead in less than a decade.

t'was a bit **** :sad:

Last edited: 12 Nov 2022
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sat in a lay by, car randomly overheating… annoying considering It had only passed its MOT last week. Not to suggest this is something that they should have spotted… just thought I’d had got a few months before something else fell off.

Hoping the coolant level is just low and nothing else is the matter, 30 seconds before the warning the acceleration just died off (which prompted me to pull in) that’s when it pinged up the engine was overheating. Hoping I’ve not borked something… really really can’t afford to replace the car at the moment…

update: Top hose has a split in it where the coolant is coming out, doesn't sound like an expensive job but will be without the car for a few days. Didn't fancy my chances topping it up until the part was delivered to retain the car. One miscalculation and it'll be toast! 188k miles in i suppose you can't really complain...

Last edited: 15 Nov 2022
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bedroom window at the old house is taking water into its frame, apparently - currently sat freezing with the thing open so it can drip outside instead of in. Couldn't have waited a few months and been someone else's problem, could it?!

8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

That's harsh.

I guess all you can do is be thankful that he's going the full distance, not everyone gets that.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

true i guess, however hes at the age where hes not making the best decisions being bull horned hes ultimatly making things harder for himself. im trying to take over and at least get him into supported accomidation but **** me he's a stubborn ass.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2022
  10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Indeed, I was at a funeral for a 58yr old friend on Friday... Life is NOT fair.
    That's the second from my Sea Scout group in 3 years, that friend was 60 and been retired for just 6 months

11. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

Definitely a 1st world problem here but my 38day old Fold4 has the electroplating pitting and coming off of the side of it near the power button/fingerprint sensor. (never dropped and in a case since day one and no signs of any dents,scratching or impact where its pitted and coming off so it looks like a manufacturing issue)

Trying to get it sorted is like herding cats, spoke to samsung last night and they advised to speak to EE as thats where the device is from, went to my local EE this morning they said nothing they can do and to speak to customer services, just spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with the CS centre (admittedly the chap i spoke to was brilliant, full marks to the guy i spoke to) He has now sent an absolute essay over to my local store and now i need to go back down there and have a moan for not doing anything while i was there and just fobbing me off to their customer support teams. this also means i'll now have to use some kind of loaner phone for a week or and who knows what thats going to be.... it certainly wont be a fold for sure....

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

The anodising started coming off my Xperia 1 IV perhaps ten days after I got it, absolutely no way do I want to be without a phone so I'm just living with it. I'm glad I'm not bothered about it though as I can see how that would be annoying.

13. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

EE are going to give me a loaner under their Mend and Lend scheme thankfully so im not going to be totally without im only bothered as its left a rough patch next to the power button and the fact that there is more pitting around the offending area means its only going to get bigger over time, if id had the phone a year or so i wouldnt be so bothered but just over a month it isnt good enough imho

Isitari, IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Cats.

We were away for a week. Cat was very attentive first night back. Nice, no problem.

Day 2 and 3 back and she's gone to trying to talk. She sounds possessed at all hours. Knackered.

It's not dementia - she's just a git. She'll follow us to bed then walk round the corner and kicked of yowling.

She gets attention. Half the time we're left playing after she loses interest and wanders off. We have a plugin in. She has food.

She's just a blummin git.

IanW and Almightyrastus like this.
  15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

She hasn't left a strongly worded letter of dissatisfaction in one of your shoes then?

16. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I needed this laugh

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

One of ours does the same, whether we have both been out for a while or not. Kiki like to sit either upstairs or down (as in the opposite from where we are) and shout, eventually coming to find us, or we end up going to her and all she wants is for us to watch her eat, muppet.

adidan likes this.
  18. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

The fact that world cup is about to start, and I still haven't completed the panini sticker album (like 50ish stickers short)...

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

When I was a kid (before the dawn of time), Panini used to let you send them a postal order for the last few stickers you needed to finish an album

adidan likes this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thankfully no, although when she has a hairball she likes to find the carpeted parts of the house and select the one area that has yet to be touched.

On the plus side the carpet is slowly getting cleaned in a Dalmatian pattern.

Arboreal and David like this.