1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

[​IMG]

For my wife because her current Asus board seems to pump the CPU with higher than necessary voltage (her 5800X3D immediately hits thermal and electrical limits in CB23, while mine runs 10-15C cooler with 200 MHz more using the same cooler, an NH-D15). That's after undervolting, by the way.

Now let's see if it really is the board or if she got extremely unlucky in the silicon lottery.

I'm very happy with my 6950 XT but I might still hand it down to my wife and get a 7900 XTX because the nerd in me can't stop salivating at the idea of running a first gen MCM GPU.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2022
    Weekly_Estimate, IanW and adidan like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ich bin eine super Hausfrau.

I have no shame.

Vault-Tec, perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What's the temperature like?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's a split-unit AC with 13,000 or so BTU/hr of heating capability - gets it up to a comfortable temperature right-quick in the morning, but when it's off at night it drops to what an Amazon Fart Sensor sat on the floor says is 12.5°C but the AC up near the ceiling thinks is 14°C.

For proper winter, the AC has a frost-prevention mode that'll keep it above 8°C overnight. Weirdly, though, you can't access it using the remote control; you have to connect it to your network and install an app. Weird.

Biggest priority right now, though: curtains. Turned the monitor on this morning and with the sun streaming through the window and bouncing off the white wall behind me I couldn't see jack!

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Surely if the air is still, that's exactly what you'd expect.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'd expect a delta betwix floor and ceiling, aye. I have no idea what that delta would be, and nor do I know if either temperature sensor is accurate and/or calibrated. Not that it matters, as long as it keeps the frost off my stuff and doesn't freeze my toes off of a morning!

Arboreal and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  7. adidan

I have that issue in the attic with my velux, particularly this time of year.

It's either being blinded or in the dark. Picked up a Venetian replacement blind for it that I'll pop in soonish, I figure I can then angle all the light up to the ceiling so I can still have light in there without burning my retinas out.

IanW, Arboreal and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Also, consider an exterior awning for the summer.
    SWMBO has a 3x5m garden office with double doors and 2 windows on the front which face SW. The roller blinds stop the glare, but they are the wrong side of the double glazing to keep the heat out.

I am going to rig up a test awning when the sky orb returns to annoying heights, a couple of dinghy sails are mouldering in the garage and could be sewn into a rectangular sunshade.

IanW, Gareth Halfacree and adidan like this.
  9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  10. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

NDA can't say what but I'm a background artiste for a week mid-December.

Thank you genetics - stoutishness and beard = wonga desperately needed!

My website is almost ready to launch with lots of woody goodness also!

IanW, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  11. adidan

I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS BUT IT SOUNDS EXCITING!!!!

Sorry for shouting.

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Local restaurant now has 2 artisan cheese shops locally. It's the only place I've seen it sold in the UK.
    Used to get cheese and stroopwaffel drops from Dutch friends when they visited home.

Nexxo likes this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

TV/Movie extra?

IamJudd likes this.
  14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Pre-heating on Tesla app actually working straight away unlike the previous Hyundai BlueLink and non-existent My Honda attempts (car communication issues).

Get in the car and my Spotify playlist is already going, car is at 21c, windows clear and heated seat is just ticking over. Lovely jubbly. :)

Arboreal likes this.
  15. perplekks45

I had a small surgery today, results are better than expected, I feel really good after the anaesthesia.
    The only downside (no pics, don’t worry, but hidden to avoid shocking people because it has to do with a sensitive area):

Because of the iodine the doctors spread around generously, I now have the big & beautiful version of what I assume Donald Trump’s dick looks like. Colour-wise, that is.

Weekly_Estimate and adidan like this.
  16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

"I'm off my tits"

Glad it all went well for you, whatever it was :worried:

perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  17. adidan

I had a similar show and tell to what @perplekks45 describes when I had my appendix out years ago.

perplekks45 likes this.
  18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Did you get Midazolam? That stuff... *chefs kiss*

I can see why its a controlled substance.

perplekks45 likes this.
  19. perplekks45

Propofol is what I got. I was out for about 45 minutes and came back to completely awake within about 15-20 minutes. Not stoned now, so I feel a bit robbed.

I'll be in pain later, how much is still unclear. I got Ibuprofen 800 for that.

Btw, it was a small surgery related to having kids and checking the necessary means of production within me. I'm way past feeling shame or being self-conscious about it, I think. Had to be done, was done, results are good, now it's on to the next step.

Isitari and adidan like this.
  20. adidan

He'll never feel shame about your junk mate, even if it does look like it's been spray tanned :happy:

perplekks45 and ElThomsono like this.