1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm all for people enjoying the hobby their way - It's plastic, after all.

But I don't think female head options is a big ask in this day and age. Given that the lore has changed for model reasons (Primaris) already, I don't see why so much of the fanbase sees preventing that as a hill to die on. Aside from all the usual reasons some men want to pretend to be superior to women.

Hell, sell them like an upgrade pack to keep all those douche canoes from having to "suffer" female heads in the box.

Bodies are mostly there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Nov 2022
  2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Reminds me of the Supermutants in Fallout

Man, Woman, doesn't matter... 'super mutant' is what comes out the end of the FEV process. I'd expect the Astartes/Primaris process to be the same... Whatever goes in, 'Space Marine' comes out.

liratheal likes this.
  3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That one always irks me. GW love to Retcon things in and out of the game almost at a whim. I still think Dreadnoughts should be mechs with an IG pilot, like they were in Rogue Trader and very early 40k.

Female Space Marine heads to just plop onto bodies would be perfect, Cawl figured it out, no doubt some kind of techno-herecy was involved.

liratheal likes this.
  4. liratheal

Exactly. Gw has retconned and pissed about in the lore so much that it should be a free for all.

Not to mention the fact that there are some tough as nails female characters that could clearly marine up.

Give me more ways to spend money on plastic crack.

5. RedFlames

Maybe that's where Primarchs/Legions II and XI went...

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i thought the 2 lost primarchs were Gork and Mork ?

7. fix-the-spade

Nah, they were clearly Alpharius and Alpharius, before being censured by Alpharius because of a plot by Alpharius to undermine Alpharius standing with Alpharius...

8. RedFlames

Except it was Omegon.

fix-the-spade likes this.
  9. RedFlames

IIRC didn't BL say something like 'it's all canon, but it's not all true'.?

10. liratheal

Honestly, I don't follow Black Library much. I hit a point where it just became an incomprehensible mess of terrible books written by people who, IMO, had no business writing them. Yes there are some good books in the BL collection, but an awful lot of it is tosh.

Even the lore in the codexes and rulebooks is a crapshoot as to whether it makes a lick of sense at all, which is what makes the whole 'But muh lore' argument so hilarious to me. That sounds like, if BL did say that, a CYA for the retconning that's happened since, and will happen again.

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Darktide has emerged from the warp and onto Game Pass...going to jumppack in later and see what the grim darkness of a Thursday night is like (it does look pretty bad out of the window already).

EDIT: The Dark Gods are laughing indeed. Tzeentch has made it so that this is not a cloud-playable game. Heresy.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2022
  12. RedFlames

Titsntich is just no fun... Slaanesh is where fun resides...

13. liratheal

Pretty sure these are my best marines to date, and I'm also more certain than ever that GW only need to do some female heads to make (at least Primaris) marines work for that. These are some I found on ebay with some GS bits to make the necks the right size, and put the greeblies on the side of the head, or a hood, to make them feel more 'GW'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the green goop on the base glows in the dark, because.. Why not?

[​IMG]

14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nice, loving those marines. I think I may have to look around for some decent female heads and scatter a few in to the ones I have worked on.

I got the little free model from a couple of months ago painted up:

[​IMG]

Not bad, these little squatty boys. Didn't go with any official scheme or anything, just what I felt like and that changed a couple of times.

liratheal and MadGinga like this.
  16. lilgoth89

on a Discord server someone asked how i would write the passing of Yarrick and so i sketched out how i would write it in lore, its a Trilogy of books

the first book is Yarricks fall,
    as Chaos assault an imperial world Yarrick finds himself with fighting alongside big Bobby G ( because nothing can happen in 40k without him and GW will want to rope him in somehow ) on a world that Khorne are using to try to turn into a warp portal in striking range of Terra itself, Robute cannot see a path to victory no matter what he tries until Yarrick pulls out a brilliant but highly costly plan to secure the world, but it will involve a great distraction battle while Guilliman and a great force of marines destroy the portal. Yarrick and Guilliman have a heart to heart where Guilliman says how the men are inspired by Yarrick and the imperium should not throw away such symbols of hope especially in such dark times, Yarrick says he is but an old man now, and that time has caught up to him and he will die a heroes death should he have to in order to buy Guilliman the time he needs to complete his objectives. Yarricks battle is long and bloody and his army is killed to the last man keeping Khorne occupied, Yarrick is seemingly unable to die, blows that would fell a marine seemingly doing little due to a mysterious green glow, after felling a Chaos champion Angron enters the field by cleaving an imperial knight in half. Angron and Yarrick engage in combat but eventually Angron smashes through the green glow and brutally beheads him with his giant axe just as the Ultramarines complete their objective thus purging the world of the Khorne menace and earning a tactical victory for the imperium but at a grave cost, eventually Yarricks body is recovered and given the high honour of resting on Holy Terra Itself

book two
    Ghaz (unaware of the events of book 1 ) returns to Armageddon to once again pit his might vs the imperiums finest but notices he quickly notices that the battles are easier than he thought, victory somehow feels hollow and he has a sense of something missing
    eventually during a fairly one sided battle he grabs a puny marine commander instead of killing him and he demands to know what Yarrick is playing at
    the marine tells him Yarrick isnt on Armageddon for unknown reasons ( that Yarrick fell in battle is a secret so as to not shatter morale ) , Ghaz is somewhat perturbed by this and tells the marine to go drag Yarrick down to Armageddon PERSONALLY
    after some chatter and several meetings among the gathered imperial commanders, Guilliman arrives and after some serious fighting and personally fighting Ghaz 1v1 Ghaz knocks Guilliman on his arse and demands to know why Yarrick isnt here, Gilliman informs Ghaz that Yarrick fell in battle to Angron and Ghaz falls to his knees and lets out a warcry so powerful Khorne himself has a chill run up his spine
    Gman has the opportunity to take off Ghaz's head with the flaming sword, but hearing the Orks all chanting Yarrick's name gives him pause he hasnt seen the orks mourn for an imperial officer before, Ghaz gets to his feet and grabs Gilliman in his giant claw and demands to know Angrons location and Guilliman personally vows to inform Ghaz the moment he has any info as long as the orks agree to leave Armageddon,

book 3 starts a few months later, Ghaz has been on a Tear looking for Angron with no luck but then Ghaz receives a message, a message he has been waiting for, he calls off this Waagh on an imperial world, leaving the bewildered and shellshocked imperial commanders dazed and confused as they watch the orks just leave, despite being moments from total victory, and Ghaz takes his ENTIRE fleet into the warp, Tzeench, ( Never one to miss an opportunity to screw with Khorne for the lulz ) droops the entire Ork armada right into the system where Angron is busy killing everything that moves, Ghaz blasts through the outnumbered and surprised Choas fleet, not even stopping to shoot them, just rams his entire fleet through them before slamming his flagship into the planets surface, a small price to pay for revenge. he is simply that determined to avenge Yarrick. the Battle rages for weeks, Ghaz leaving a trail of dead Khone bezerkers, champions and multiple bloodthirsters in his path, while Angron leaves broken stompas, killa cans and a million dead orks behind him before finally Ghaz finds his man, Deamon Angron Pulsing with blood red Khorne warp energies, while Ghaz's eyes glow a brilliant bright blue green, fuelled by both Gork and Mork, Angron gets the upper hand before taunting Ghaz about Yarricks defeat, Ghaz in a move of pure rage smashes his claw straight through Angrons chest and pulls one of Angrons hearts straight out of him. Angron lying broken on the floor suddenly erupts into flames as he is being pulled back into the warp when Ghaz spots something FAR more valuable to him than a flaming Deamonheart, the skull of Yarrick, Ghaz wrenches it from Angrons dying burning body just before Angron is sucked back into the warp, Ghaz looks around as the Khorne forces erupt into warpflame and disappear into the warp he sits down skull in hand, happy he got revenge for his old friend, Ghaz Travels back to Armageddon, alerted by this Gman alerts all forces and descends to the surface to the spot where him and Ghaz spoke and they find a single crystal glass box, of crude ork Construction, containing the skull of Yarrick, complete with his hat, now with some weird ork contraption to power the eye for eternity
    and one single message
    ''u betta fight as gud az 'im, Dis iz mine and i will b bak for it''
    Guilliman cracks a small smile, and orders a single radio message be sent to the nearest ork infested planet
    'if you want it, come and get it'

[ZiiP] NaloaC and MadGinga like this.
  17. fix-the-spade

I take that as canon now that Gork and Mork are the most powerful entities in the warp.

18. lilgoth89

insert drool emoji here

Last edited: 9 Dec 2022
    Almightyrastus and Pete J like this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

OK, so not GW stuff, but I had a need to paint something other than plastic Space Marines or Orks so I went looking around the depths of Etsy again...

Found these little guys designed by Lord of the Print and on sale for only £3.95 each so I bought a load of 8. This is from a set called The Adventures of Archduke Mousin and they have done a whole set of bits and pieces including things like frog and magpie riders, solders (with acorn helmets), farmers, Shamans, and so on with a whole background and rules for D&D. Not too bothered about using them, but they are so much fun. Made a start on painting one last night, not too much to clean up, just a few nibs here and there from the supports.

[​IMG]

Pete J and Goatee like this.
  20. lilgoth89

ive been up to my usual 3d kitbashing
    [​IMG]
    some cannons for my Vultures

[​IMG]
    and a current WIP for my Baneblade , Centered the hull and widened the turret as it looks a little odd to have the Macharius turret be wider and larger than the Baneblade one i have 2 of the plastic kits which are set up to swap between the Baneblade and Shadowsword hullset so this should be a drop in replacement for the plastic kit should i want to play at a GW

Pete J and Almightyrastus like this.