1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

New slippers, off to a good start, keeping my feet nice and warm. Will report back in a few weeks. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S8MPG6M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    [​IMG]

They only go up to a size 12, I need 13.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Airpods Pro 2nd gen. Amazon had them priced at £230 down from £250 and I had a £50 voucher through work - £180 was a lot more palatable than £250!

[​IMG]

I already have a great set of ANC cans, the Bose QC35 II, but they're chonky over-ear things. They get really warm and sweaty if I'm wearing them doing housework or something, and if I wear them long enough they make my ears sore.

It was a gamble spending so much on in-ear headphones when I've never got on with in-ear headphones (although the other half would have used them if I didn't get on with them), but holy balls these things are comfortable. It's taken a couple of tries to find the right size tips, but even when using tips that were too small they were instantly comfortable and didn't feel like I've got bits of plastic jammed in my ears like so many in-ear headphones before them.

Sound quality is great - they're not exactly professional reference IEMs, but they're as good as my QC35 II so that's fine by me. Instantly disabled the "spatial audio" gimmickry - I might manually re-enable that if I end up watching Dolby Atmos content on my iPad but the chances of that are low, I got them for podcasts, music, and ambient noise, not watching films. ANC is very good indeed, although the QC35 II cans definitely do a better job I think - although it helps that those are over-ear cans so can naturally block a lot more noise than a silicone grommet ever could. The "transparency" mode is bloody brilliant - a bit weird to get used to at first, but an incredibly useful feature.

I'd already started wearing headphones to go shopping, which makes an incredibly stressful experience far more tolerable. But I wore these this evening instead of a big giant set of over-ear cans, and it's so much more convenient.

The main downside is that this makes me even more of an Apple tosser: Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch... and now Airpods...

Arboreal, b1g-d0g and The_Crapman like this.
  3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

So you're like an apple core ?

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah the bit in the middle that no one wants :grin:

Weekly_Estimate and spolsh like this.
  5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I'm just going the other way as I can't afford to replace my aging Apple kit. Had Apple kit since the colourful mac and iPhone3GS.

Gone is an iPad Mini 2, iPhone7, 2012 Macbook Pro, Apple TV3 and Watch3.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Honestly I don't blame you, it's not cheap. That's why I've got the Watch SE and the iPhone SE instead of pricier versions. For the higher-price stuff like iPads or laptops I don't tend to buy new, but even then it's still expensive. I picked up my iPad Pro 4th gen earlier this year from CeX; it's a 2 year-old model, but it was still £600. The Pencil 2nd gen I did buy new... and it was £120 :eeek:.

They're a shitty company that does some really shitty things, and only "care" about things like sustainability, privacy, right to repair, etc, when there's either a profit or regulatory motive to do so. But at the same time they do make good quality hardware which is supported for a long period of time. Long-term support is definitely getting better on Android, but the market is so massively fractured that it's still a nightmare. And it's still at its core an operating built by an advertising giant which has a vested interest in knowing everything about you. (Yes, Apple gathers lots of data too, even when it says it doesn't, but at the very least their core business is not selling user data.)

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

A Logitech KP400 Plus.
    [​IMG]

Never had one before but thought I'd give it a shot at £20 as I had some vouchers and I'll need something for the NUC that is winging its way from @Arboreal

Plus a couple of other little necessities
    [​IMG]

And for something unconnected
    [​IMG]

The shower silicone needs a fresh up.

God bless cashback site vouchers for when tenants don't pay! :mad::)

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

A good thing about that NUC @adidan is that it has a full size HDMI port unlike the 4th gen one I have remaining

adidan likes this.
  9. adidan

Yeah that is very handy, had a quick look over a picture of the ports before I ordered which is unusually sensible of me :happy:

Arboreal likes this.
  10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

A Corsair mousemat of some description and thought I'd try a Logitech MX Master 3S as it was marked down in price a fair bit. Both for using at work. Hope it's an upgrade over the two-button mouse and a mousemat that defies physics and skids all over the shop.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

4 new tyres @ Costco (member's discount, on sale, and the exact tyres I needed are regular stock there. Other fitters would have to order them.)

While I was waiting for my car to be done, this happened.
    [​IMG]
    It's the current 2,049 piece model, not the original.

Pete J, Byron C and MLyons like this.
  12. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I have been looking at this. Could you give your opinion on it when you have had play, please?

13. adidan

Have to find time in the next few days to set the NUC up to use it on but sure no problems.

If I forget give me a nudge :thumb:

MightyBenihana and Arboreal like this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

For reasons, I will discuss elsewhere, today I paid my friendly local vape shop a visit and dropped a lot of money on vaping kit. Suffice it to say that I've been smoking a lot lately and even though the tobacco is far cheaper, I'd rather not carry on doing that.

Smok Nord 4 pod kit

[​IMG]

Spare pods (for different flavours)

[​IMG]

Spare coils (0.16ohm mesh)

[​IMG]

Plus a bunch of liquid, two of which I've had before and one which was recommended

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. adidan

Ok, only had a little use of it so far.

It's seems pretty responsive tbh, more than I was expecting - doesn't seem to be a noticeable delay in typing. I may have to download their software and fiddle with a few things like hotkeys and so but it's a keeper for me.

I doubt I'd use it for anymore than htpc duties though but for that it seems more than adequate.

Pretty much feels like a laptop keyboard and touchpad, it certainly doesn't feel like a cheap rattly bottom shelf keyboard although it's no mechanical premium either.

MightyBenihana and Arboreal like this.
  16. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

I have the same Keyboard and I'm afraid I can only recommend it for password entry and limited search engine use on a smart TV etc. The track pad does work but the experience is more like a 90's laptop than a modern one (its way worse than my 2013 MacBook pro which is the most recent trackpad I have experience of).

17. adidan

I mean it's twenty quid.

18. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Today was a good day for new PC build :)

ASUS PRO WS WRX80 EATX Board
    Threadripper Pro 3955WX
    4 x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB sticks to match the 4 sticks I've already got
    Lian Li PC-011 Mid Tower
    EK sTR4 block and tubeing to go with the other watercooling i bought on here :).
    10 x Samsung 980 1 TB PCIe 3.0 NVMEs
    5 x Corsair MX500 2TB 2.5" SSDs

Vault-Tec, Byron C, Spraduke and 4 others like this.
  19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

I've fallen down an audio rabbit hole. It started with the need for a wired backup set so I got some Sony mdr-ex650ap which just blew the shonkey 1more neckband set I've been using our the water.
    [​IMG]
    Someone suggested a Bluetooth DAC, then I saw that company did neckband style DAC. Found a set on eBay, put what I thought was quite the 75% lowball offer in, so now I own a set of Fiio LC-BT2.
    [​IMG]
    Soon to be joined by some Shure SE215 PRO IEMs.

We've also got a load of stuff for the new kitchen/downstairs for 40th birthday presents or using vouchers from.
    Kenwood propero with all the trimmings
    [​IMG]

Circulon Infinite Ultimate Non Stick Saucepan, Skillet & Sauté Complete Pan Set[​IMG]
    Plus 26cm and 36m woks.

And from the nice people at John Lewis finance, a Sony XR55A80J[​IMG]

trigger likes this.
  20. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

That's what I was thinking, use for a smart tv so only basic stuff and only £20 so may be worth a punt.

IanW and adidan like this.