1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics HDD LED Circuit

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Warlok, 20 Dec 2003.

1. Warlok

Warlok What's a Dremel?

I made this circuit ( http://www.bit-tech.net/article/58/ ) and it is not working. I did however change some things and I want to make sure I changed stuff correctly.
    I changed the LEDs to white (3.6v) in place of the red ones, and I used blue (5v) for the other side.
    I changed the resistors figuring that the supply voltage is 12v. So I am using 470 ohm for the white leds and 390 ohm ones for the blue ones.

I have gone over every connection at least 5 times and I have checked and triple checked the wiring of everything and I am still not getting anything. Any suggestions and did I change everything that I needed to in order to use those LEDs?

Thanks

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

In what way is it not working? No lights whatsoever is a circuit fault or damaged component.

3. Warlok

Warlok What's a Dremel?

There are no lights what so ever. I put it together with IC sockets so when I was creating it there wouldn't be any problems of the heat killing the IC. I guess I need to change out the IC and see if that is ther problem.

The big question in my mind is if I need to change the diode or if I am trying to pull to much power by using so many higher voltage LEDs. Any help?

4. bren2

bren2 What's a Dremel?

id check if everything which is grounded where its meant to
    check the power supply is okay, i doubt that its a faulty component
    to answer ur question no changing the LEDs are fine as long as u got the right resistor i got a ccfl running off mine