1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Best processor fan?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by EARTHWALKER, 25 Dec 2003.

1. EARTHWALKER

EARTHWALKER What's a Dremel?

I'm running a P4P800 with a 2.4 P4 on it. Clocked to 2.5 and it's @ 48 c.
    As I'm an ex water cooler and an ex freezer cooler I'm simply not used to these temps.

I'd love to pump this baby up to 3 gigs but obviously that would mean extra heat.

What would you say is the best HS+Fan combo to buy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. EARTHWALKER

Any reports on a Jet7? Looks pretty nifty.

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

The jet7 is pretty much the same as the areo 7 just with more chrome. 48c is nothing to be concerned about (my XP2100 runs at 55c idle 61c load.) As far as the best HS+Fan combo goes it all down to what other cooling etc. Look at some of the big names swiftech, alpha, thermalight etc and you can't go far wrong.

4. Fubar

Fubar What's a Dremel?

Thermalright SP-94... nuff said

5. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Thermalright SLK-900U + Delta FFB0912EHE?

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Jet7 and Aero7 don't work with sckt 478

Jet4 and Aero4 are made for the P4s.

I asked for a Jet4 for Christmas and I got a Jet7. Off to returns it goes. :sigh:

7. ATi Loyalist

ATi Loyalist Who throws a shoe?!

8. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

The politically correct term would be heatsink and fan (I'm pretty sure the Jet7 is an integrated unit. I go with the Alpha PAL8942T (specially if you do not plan to change your processor every month) and a Delta.

Right, now about quietness. The Delta when powered on a table is a real noisy beast. But when sitting on top of an Alpha there is something across it. The side panel/Window. Air bounces onto this and back at the fan (nice to have exhaust fans behind this combo (like in Lian-Li cases) and guess what? You can't hear em. Infact the 2x80mm INTAKE fans supplied by Lian-Li are LOUDER!

:D

9. ATi Loyalist

i disagree, i had a tornado(same thing as a delta) and it was loud as hell in my lian li PC65...with 2 exhaust fans, both stock.

10. whiteagle

whiteagle What's a Dremel?

This is new, I found it the other day. HERE Pretty amazing. I had found benchmarks for it and they were off the charts, but I don't remember where they were. The thing in the center is a heatpipe.

Also I have the jet 7 on one of my machines. It's pretty good, you will just have to disable the blinking LED on it if your case is windowed and you want to keep you sanity, but other than that, it's great!

daniel

11. whiteagle

whiteagle What's a Dremel?

delete me

12. EARTHWALKER

That does look pretty amazing whiteagle. Now I just have to find a seller for them in the UK.

13. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

I recently built an Athlon based computer and the generic heatsink AMD included cools it better then the Swifttech on the other computer.

14. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I've got a 2100+ in my main rig right now, and it runs at a cool 41c under load :cooldude: and only drops 1 degree while idol. I'm currently using only the standard heatsync and fan that came with it, and one 80mm case fan (no grill/guard period), but I do have other fans that I can kick in (but don't, if I want the sound of a hoover next to me, I'd turn on my vacuum). The ambiant case temp is a bit of a wonder though, it spikes from 54c all the way up to 60c and above. Yet the cpu temp stays the same. Go figure.

15. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

i have an aero 7 and i like it. it's quiet and i run at 50* idle and load with a barton 2500+ [1.8ghz] OCed to 2.1. i think that the aero 7 might be better if it had fans that pushed the air into it and am thinking of modding it by adding a vent pipe of sorts to bring cool air from outside and push it right in. a while ago i had a fan blowing air into it from one side [remember the aero7 had both sides open] and i think it was a few degrees cooler

what about the zalman fan that looks like a bloomin onion from outback steakhouse? :D

my friend says the swiftech mx-4000 looked good but i dont know anything about it

16. livelife46290

livelife46290 What's a Dremel?

So if those are the best fan suggestions then what would be the best monitoring software? Other than mbm5

17. ATi Loyalist

yes, i read a review on this HS as well, and it did indeed outperform an SP94 with a 92mm tornado

18. digitalp1mp

digitalp1mp What's a Dremel?

Thats a wicked heatsink anyone on the boards actually have one of those Aerocools? 2 fans one on each side looks col :eeek:

Chris

19. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    I just got an Aero 7+ and its damn sweet. It has a fan controller that fits in a 3.5" bay or in a spare PCI slot, and its lush.... :D

I need to get some monitoring software now... :(

20. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

I just put a Thermalright sp-94 heatpipe cooler on my P4 3.06ghz. I'm running a zalman 92mm fan on it a the moment, no overclocking yet. Runs at about 40 degrees C under full load.