1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding controler mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by johnwilliams474, 28 Dec 2003.

1. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

:confused: :waah: ok im not shure were to post this so please correct me if im wrong

any my aunt has 4 game systems 2 ps2s 2 gcs with is not really important

she also has dogs and kids no offence to my aunt or uncle if they come across this site but the are spoiled rotten they do not listen to any body my aunt lets her kids play the games but the kids dont put any thing up they are both old enough i have done every thing short of yelling and knocking some sence in to them
    even tried to tell them not to let them use the games

dont get me wrong i love my aunt she has done alot for me

i dont want to tell her no because she is one of those people that will never let you forget it

every 2 weeks she calls me and tells me that her dog has chewed through the wire of another remote for the game system
    i know its the dog beause one day i walked in on it
    she always ask me to fix it so she can play the game

is their a cheap way to get some type of dog proof wire or some thing

ps dont say wireless for some reason all the wirless controolers dont work in that house + she doesnt want to dish out 300 for 20 wireless controlers i need some help like some cheap braded cable that is strong i dont mind doing 1 last time to all the controlers but at leasst it will stop

2. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

ok here what you do... leave the Xbox on all the time until the dog gets hungry for a bit of controller-wire. there should be 5v in one of the wires so maybe the dog will learn a lesson... if that don't work, next time you wire it up, include a 12V line for "no reason" .... the dog will learn.

3. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

dogs have some pretty gnarly teeth (sorry bad pun) anyways I can't really think of any type of cable short of like the metal shower hose, or copper pipe that would repel the dogs teeth. all thick walled vinyl, silicone, nylon, even the ones with metal mesh wouldn't stand up to a dogs abuse. I think the best solution (your aunt might not like this) would be to coat a cord or two in tabasco sauce or another similar hot sauce. We did this to my dog to stop her from gnawing on our dinning room table. It will startle the pooch more than hurt em (its just hot sauce) but they'll get it thru their brains pretty fast.

Sounds like you have a beef with your cousins. All I can say is I knew kids like that and it usually turns around to bite them later in life. They tend to have trouble making friends

4. El Nosba

El Nosba What's a Dremel?

isnt there a spray that you could pick up at any pet store that stops dogs from chewing and cats from clawing anything its sprayed with ?

im pretty sure ive seen it before

5. ArsoN

ArsoN What's a Dremel?

Can't you just get cordless joypads?

6. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

the hotsauce idea might work

cordless dowsnot work

7. ajack

ajack rox

johnwilliams474 - couldnt she just keep the dogs out of the room or put the controllers on top of the XB/GC when theyre not being used?

Also, punctuation is your friend :)

8. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

thank you for sugestions

gc= game cube
    ps2=playstation 2

their dogs are inside dogs hey probly wouldnt make it outside they know how to jump the fence

9. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

Shoot them. :D

10. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

im not that mean yet atleast besides i dont think she would like that[​IMG] much

11. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

lol sorry but last post is just so funny kill kill kill... ah i got a simple idea here.

JUST PUT THE DAM PADS IN A DRAW when not in use like when ever i stop playing my xbox or PS2 i just plull cables out and shuf them in the draw anyway my dogs (3 of the buggers) never chew on cabling as i know of ;)

12. eightyd

eightyd What's a Dremel?

Does anyone in here know proper english?

13. Neph

Neph What's a Dremel?

There is a spray that worked for my dog's chewing phase. It's called Bitter Apple, horrible stuff, yet safe not to hurt the animal.

14. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

nice idea i show her thw web sit via email

i know thats what i do to and i roll them up to i still have atari looking brand new because i take care of it

her kids dont care they get interested in something else and they just leave the controller where they lay

15. Malvolio

Malvolio .

You know how in large department stores, they have all the console systems hooked up, and the controlers are on a hard-mount, and only stick out maybe a foot from the machine? And the machine is in a hard plastic casing? Why not do that? :D It'll keep the dogs from chewing the cords, and keep the game systems from being toasted by the kids. :lol:

16. ajack

ajack rox

I dont think theres a permanent solution for this except put the controllers out of sight and as theyre not your pads just tell her that and if they still get chewed its not your fault

17. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

im done with that **** i went in to her house the other day put some tobasco on the cords the dogs sniffed it and licked it and then yelped and ran outside