1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stick to case modding.

Discussion in 'General' started by _iNFiNiTy-, 26 Feb 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _iNFiNiTy-

_iNFiNiTy- Banned

Okay, no offence here guys but most of you should stick to hardware and being techies and stuff... Design just isn't your thing.

Feel free to flame me at will but bad gifs and stuff just ick. Sorry to be condescending asshole, but hey, this stuff bugs me.

2. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

Yah. I was rolling around laffing about some pieces of 'art' i've seen around ere.

3. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

I disagree, the main point is that people try.. what if someone came here and sucked at modding, would you give them the same treatment?

bit-tech is all about helping people help themselves, be that modding, graphics, programming, whatever..

If someone wants to do design, then to help them they need people to give them tips on pointers as to how to improve themselves, not just told to give it up.

This isn't the kind of attitude I expect from the forum regulars.

4. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

what design? modding is a 'ART of Design'

5. _iNFiNiTy-

_iNFiNiTy- Banned

Lol okay then, but picture this - Instead of people saying "Wow that's great" when it obviously isn't that we have the right to tell them what we think of it? I can't stand horrible gifs or millions lens flares everywhere, that's just my opinion.

And if someone sucked at case modding I'd say "Ew that mod isn't very nice, prehaps if you try to...." And help them to get better at it, but I wouldn't say "WOW THAT CASE IS SO COOL WOWO WOWOWOW" Because then they'd think they were good at case modding, and they'd have people sniggering behind their backs because they thought they were good. The whole point is to motivate people to do better, if I gave them a false sense of achievment it would be worse than telling people honestly their work sucks.

The people I am telling that they should stick to modding are the people who obviously have no imagination/talent with design, who just shrink images and call them their own, or people who draw smiley faces and think it's a work of art. If someone starts a design, that has potential then fine I'll give some friendly advice, but not if it's a silly low-res image that's just been re-sized from an already bad image.

6. K

K 528491

Lol!!! Oh man that cracked me up... Course you have the right to criticise it, but God forbid people have their opinions on what's good and what isn't... Jeez...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

If you can't accept that, then no offense, but ya got no respect from me man.

So then, by your definition of art, cause I didn't do this on PhotoShop and used 400 Filters and 50 layers it sucks??

[​IMG]

Just because you technically know how good one thing is made doesn't necessarily make it any better or worse than anything else...

I'd write a much longer post and address a lot more posts but I got a meeting to go to... Grrrrrr...

BTW - I totally agree with Kna, in the words of Mr. T, 'Got no time for disrespect sucka!!!'

7. _iNFiNiTy-

_iNFiNiTy- Banned

No the picture is good, even if it is stolen from JTHM =]

A picture isn't defined by how many "effects" you use in it, or how advanced it is, it's how it looks. If using lots of effects makes a pitcure look good then fine, if you have no effects and just used vectors to make a good picture then that's fine, i personly dont like lots of effects i like nice clean images, but messy gifs that have been leeched from another picture just looks bad. I don't care what programs get used either, it's the look of a picture.

This is why I said stick to modding, you people have your heads so far up your own asses you can't see that stuff is ****.

Just end this topic now so all you people can run along and be elitist little welcoming chatters.

8. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

what/who are you talking about? I'm confused

9. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Agreed, and this topic is closed..

However, let me offer you a little parting advice Infinity.. all you're doing with your holier-than-thou, patronsising approach is serving to alienate yourself from other forum members.

Now you're going to have hundreds of people reading this thread all thinking 'Who the hell does Infinity think he is..', so I'm afraid you've made your own bed here.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.