1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Radeon 9200 Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NissanFrontier, 30 Dec 2003.

1. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

My Uncle bought a Radeon 9200 128MB DirectX 9 Card so he could play Battlefield 1942. He lives about 10 hours away from me so I can't go to his house. He tells me that he installed it but Battlefield 1942 stops and starts and stops and starts and sometimes it say DirectX was not installed properly but sometimes it don't. He can't play MPEGs anymore and his internet is acting crazy, Sometimes websites come up sometime they don't. Can anyone give me somethings for him to do? I told him to un-install all the drivers and retry and he is going to try that tomorrow.

2. orb

orb satisfying.

How about reformat and reinstall oS?

3. HellDiver

HellDiver What's a Dremel?

It's important to remove all previous video drivers totally before installing ATI drivers.

4. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

what graphics card was he using before? if he has switched from a nvidia to ati card he HAS to wipe all drivers from his system before installing the new ATi drivers...

5. NissanFrontier

I he did not uninstalled the Nvidia drivers first. I could not remember what I did. What should he do now? He has uninstalled the drivers now.

6. HellDiver

Get him to download a program called "Detonator Destroyer" - it wipes out all traces of nVidia drivers.

Then all he should have to do is reinstall the ATI drivers and he's good to go.

7. NissanFrontier

Could he just Un-install all the ATI and nVidia stuff and re-install the ATI drivers? If not please reply quick because he is going try that sometime today.

8. HellDiver

Best to get something to remove all the files - the uninstall scripts that come with the drivers often leave crap sitting about which can give trouble.

Tags: