1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Low Rent

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KRASH, 30 Dec 2003.

1. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

Here are a few pics of my latest project. It is low rent ( being that althe case and most of its part were donated by dead computers people give to me>

I hope the links to these pics work, this is my first time posting images. One of these days I'm going to set up a server here so I can host pics and not have to post links! Will post more in a day or so when I do some more to this!

Damn! Geocities will not let me link to my own pics! Any body know of a place that will host a few images for me?

Last edited: 31 Dec 2003
  2. HardModd

HardModd What's a Dremel?

nice but why GEOCITY !

add a blank space after the URL so you see the IMG !

3. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

here
    nice work :cooldude:

4. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

youve been bit-teched :thumb: get those pics hosted so we can see them www.uploadit.org

5. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

OK I am going to try to put these files back up so the pics will work, Bear with me. I am new at this!

[​IMG]
    Window in case floor for UFO effect

[​IMG]
    Side view of case interior

[​IMG]
    Angle shot of case

[​IMG]
    Case handles and 80mm blowhole

Now that I have got this this pic thing figured out I will post more of them tommorrow. Much thanks to naelq and fatboy for pointing me in the right direction. next pics will be of the cutout being lit by a green ccfl .

6. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

One more pic! here is the cut-out on the side panel!

[​IMG]

FEAR MY DREMEL SKILLZ!!! :dremel:

I used one of those Pumkin Master patterns! Works pretty well
    I used to have a pattern with a jester skull but I could not locate it, so I went with this one instead. Took lots of time and patience
    and a steady hand with the dremel.

will post more tommorow!

7. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

OK here is the money shot with lights!! I used another hosting service for this one shot. I just had to post it! Could not wait till tommorow!

!!!!!!Deleted image!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: 1 Jan 2004
  8. Xiliqueirn

Xiliqueirn What's a Dremel?

Aww...last post didn't really show the pics. Nice idea, I especially like the UFO effect =) Should look really cool...I'm watching this one!

9. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

The pic on the last post doesnt work? well I will have to try to fix that. thanks for the heads up on that. pics show here? but not there?

Image should work, Oh well i will repost from www.uploadit.org tommorow. I have exceeded my limit for thier free service for today. To make up for the pics not working I will put up a night shot or two!

10. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

A little progress has been made. Got the panel primed and all the rough edges sanded down now I just have to paint it to match the rest of the case. I am thinking of adding a fanhole to blow cool air on my PCI slots. I am also starting on the fan/lighting bus
    to control things. I hope to be able to post more pics soon but work is going slow because of job and limited cash. but here are a few shots I couldn't post yesterday.

[​IMG]
    Dremel goodies! (From Santa)

[​IMG]
    Artsy fartsy shot through the blowhole.

[​IMG]
    All lit up and lookin 1337!?

I cant decide if I like the black paint or not! What do you guys think?

11. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

Whoah, what color/paint is that on the motherboard tray? I love it!

12. KRASH

KRASH What's a Dremel?

It is called "Kameleon Kolor" its made by Plasti-kote. It is one of those pimpy color changing paints that turns from green to gold.
    I got mine at the local Autozone. But you should be able to find it at most places that sell automotive type spreay paint. I bought it because I liked the big metal flakes and because it was the coolest color or green paint I could find.