1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks 1mbps Broadband

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sinizterguy, 30 Dec 2003.

1. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Which is the best ISP out there for 1mbps broadband internet access ?

It had to be reliable.

I am with Fast24, and once connected they're OK, but they took 1 month for order date to activate .... So wodering if that was a problem with BT or with them .... Basically dont want it to happen again.

2. Dark Star

Dark Star What's a Dremel?

3. penski

penski BodMod

Other than the slightly long wait to get Fast24's 1meg service I have not had a single problem with them.

*n

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

<blatant pimpage - I work for them ;)>
    I recomend JetStream Wireless...
    </blatant pimpage>

Big pond.. I heard they are ok.. to good.. duno much about them... esp. since I live in Canada.... :lol:

5. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I am currently on Telewest Blueyonder 512k cable, but know a friend that recently upgraded to 1mbit. He says its great. You also get a discount if you have an existing phoneline/tv.

I think its 35/month

6. muse46

muse46 What's a Dremel?

after some initial teething probs, i can safely say im delighted with blueyonder/telewest! i have the 2mbit from them and its sweet!

support is usually good (apart from when it comes to sharing the connection!) and engineers are usually early to fix things!

7. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

im with pipex, i ordered it about a week before my exchange got enabled 26th november and it was enabled on the 3rd december, speeds are great, it's only been down for a few hours, but that was something to do with the exchange not pipex so cant fault them, they allow you to share over a router as they have guides to set it up on the site!, im happy with it so far, its £33.99 a month

8. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I'm with Pipex too, though we're paying less for it since we joined for the test phase and thus get it cheaper for the first 12 months :D Excellent speeds and very reliable.

9. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

u jammy sod!, they are good though, i get speeds of 1152 Kb/s download and 288 Kb/s upload, thats faster than im meant too,

10. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Yeah me too :) It's a rare thing to actually get what you pay for with computer services, nevermind MORE! :D

Tags: