1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Blacklight Demons (plexi fulltower)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 11 Dec 2003.

1. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

==Small Update===

Ive been working on the layout for the new front and decided i wanted some uvglow there. I looked around the piles of crap that i had laying around and fond som plexitubing,Uv sensitive plastic rope and an old lazerled uv. Now what can i make with theese parts??? The answer is this!

[​IMG]

first i cut the tubing to the right size and made an endcap
    [​IMG]

Then i suberglued the small plexipiece to the tube and used the old Dremel to make it round
    [​IMG]

The next step was to fill the tube with glowing crystals this was made by cutting the uv rope in to tiny bits (bloddy boring work)
    [​IMG]

And finally kill the lazerled and ram it in to the end of the tube. I will use some nice black plastic domes in both ends of the tubes to make them look better but i havent found anything that i can use yet. Ill be doing some sightseeing at work tonight :)
    [​IMG]

Theese two pipes will be attached to the front of the case to give it a nice glow :)

Last edited: 20 Sep 2010
  2. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Looks good! Keep it up!

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

That UV Tube thingy looks cool, where you gonna use it? :D

4. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

READ THE POST! :D

In the front

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Did see that... just didnt express myself properly.

It say two of them will be on the front, wondered how they will be put. ie. location of them.

6. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Now its time for yet another of my small uppdates. this time ive been fiddling with the powercables for the drives. I will be using a junctionbox from witch 8 powercables will go out to my drives. This is idea was inspiered by G-gnomes moster case (he has such great ideas that little gnome :D )

this is what i had to start with. Some blue wire and som Silicone tubing and a bunch of hmm Tubeholder thingys (have no idea what you call them in english :D )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used the casing for my old fancontroller as the base for the junctionbox (not done yet)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres the connector with a really bad paintjob (this will be fixed later)
    [​IMG]

Im quite happy with the cables i changed the original wires to all blue ones that will go nicely with the blue uv light. Im hoping to get alot of modding done this week so ill be back soon with more pictures. So until then

May the Dremel be with you..
    -Always

:D

7. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Looks nice. A suggestion if I may: Black shrink wrap at the molex, to create a smooth transition from the tubing to the molex?

The wiring is going to be fun...all blue wires makes it easy to confuse 12v for 5v! Maybe blue wrap for the wires instead?

8. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Just use a mulimeter and test everything before you actually plug it into anything. I killed 2 HDDs at once by switching the 12v and 5v lines.... :wallbash:

Nice Job on the case cant wait to see more!

9. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Actually there will be shrinkwrap on all of the molex connectors that was my intention from the start. And as for the confusing of the wires ive taken care of that each wire is marked but in a way that doesnt show. Ive made small cuts in the ends of the wires
    One cut for 5v and Two for 12v.

10. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Figured you had it covered, just thought Id throw my 2 pennies in. :thumb:

11. [WP@]WOLVERINE

You just keep on doing it !! I want feedback and suggestions it makes the mod become all it can be :D And keeps me on my toes :)

12. glennd_05

glennd_05 What's a Dremel?

instead of painting your Molex connectors just color them w/ a black permanent marker, it's kinda slow but it works w/o much mess

-glenn

13. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Without just buying Black Molexs, Vinyl Dye is the best option.

14. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

One of our affiliates on my site did a review on UV molex connectors which come in all sorts of colours. Here's the link I'll be using these on my PSU mod :D

Hope it helps, right back to the beach :thumb:

Last edited: 3 Jan 2004
  15. glennd_05

glennd_05 What's a Dremel?

buying mlex connectors when there are perfectly good ones already in place. all you got to do is mod them a bit. plus i'm a cheap little *******

-glenn

16. HardModd

HardModd What's a Dremel?

Wolverine
    About the UV Molex that somethin good for you
    im posting my review in aweek about the from XMods and in ModdningsSM2004 you have a chance of wiinig them also add it to you case it would look neat ! :naughty:

17. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I have already solved the molex problem. I used (dont know what you call it in english) a kind of tape that fuses together to form a single rubber seal, the kind you use to fix a leaking pipe with.

[​IMG]

I think the result is good enough for me. Since this is a extremly low budget build i have to recycle as many parts as i can to keep the cost down. Ive alreadey ordered Diodes,uv ccd,ide cables,fangrills,4x20Lcd and more plexi and that is as far as my budget reach. So its all recyceling and building what i need from the pile of parts i have lying around. :)

ps
    Of course i will be entering my case in the Swedish modding Championship as soon as its done :D

18. HardModd

HardModd What's a Dremel?

low budget great result !

19. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

Your work is really ground opening work, and very nice dragon etchings, (much better than first ones)!

20. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Your work is simply stunning, love the idea with those cables, looks really cool!